More Info About Me

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

OK Everybody, FALL IN!

This afternoon we got word that LG is one step closer to being ours forever. We were waiting for one more paper to be signed before we can begin our process with a great deal of certainty. Today it happened. I had her out and said, "I think Dad needs to take us out to celebrate tonight. And I think it needs to be a nice dinner where we can get dressed up." It didn't take her long to chime in and agree. (This picture is not from tonight, but I thought you'd be able to see the big brown eyes that were about to ask a Daddy for something.)

When we arrived home, she quickly announced to DH that she and I had something to ask him. He knew it was trouble from that moment! She asked me to start. So I said, "LG and I think we need to celebrate the fact that she's so close to being able to be adopted into our family." She continued, "And so we need to go out to a FANCY dinner. And you have to take us!"

He said, "Who's idea was this?" And she said, "Well....Mom thought of it and I just fell in it!"

HUH!?!? She "fell in it"???? I laughed so hard! That girl cracks me up.

Then he said, "Well, where do YOU think we should go that's fancy?" She said, "Golden Corral". Let me tell ya' the Golden Corral is NOT fancy...but where LG has spent most of her life, it IS a fancy restaurant. So we chuckled a bit and said we wanted to up the ante a bit (ok a LOT). So then she tells DH that she wants something "Da Ru Ma-ish". Let me explain. This is the name of one of our Japanese steakhouses where we spent Valentine's Day dinner. I just thought it was funny that she added the "ish" to her description.

Anyway, DH settled on The Melting Pot, which we LOVE! LG had no idea what to expect but loved each course and the whole experience!

Let me tell you...

DH suggested it and she "fell in it"...that's for certain!

5 comments:

Liz said...

YUM, The Melting Pot is one of my favorites!! Congrats and what a wonderful reason to celebrate! :)

samurai said...

Susan - i know i do not comment often, but i have been keeping track of your blog. 8) So cool! What a blessing both for LG, but for you and your family. Please know there is a "brother-in-Christ" dancing with you guys! 8) \o/

Melli said...

Oh my gosh! I don't know about FANCY - but higher end it is! And it IS one of my favorites! GOOOOOOOD choice!!! What a FUN way to celebrate! WOW! WHERE will you go when the adoption is FINALIZED??? LOL! (I'd like to fall in a pot of chocolate!)

Sweet Tea said...

That's a GREAT story!! LOL
Adoption is a long process and it's good to celebrate each of the necessary steps. Woo Hoo!!Lots of celebrating in the future for all of your family!!

Unknown said...

What a special dinner! So glad you were able to celebrate this milestone!