More Info About Me

Friday, May 07, 2010

What Scrolling Does for Me...

When I scroll through my bloglist, I am touched in so many ways. There are stories upon stories upon stories that share the joy of life in so many places. I am touched to know there is such a community out there. And then I get sad because I just don't have (or is it "make") time to get out and read each person's blogposts like I want to.

Over the years blogging has brought me more joy than I can begin to explain to the "non-blogger". (Most people who blog get it.) And the fact that I've actually met some of you IRL is an even bigger blessing to me. With Summer fast approaching, I am hoping to get back out and really dig into blogs again. I want to get to know you better and actually let you know that I am more than a lurker.

Yep that's what scrolling does for me!

5 comments:

Alise said...

I so know what you mean! A friend recently asked me about why I blog and it was really hard to explain to someone who doesn't do it why it means so much. Love stopping by and reading about your family! Have a blessed day!

Susan said...

Seems like a lot of people who were so active when we started have dropped along the way. I think FB is the main reason. FB is "instant gratification" and in this day we live in that is what so many need. Just MHO!!!!!

Alise said...

I think you're probably right. It's hard to get too excited about writing a huge post when you can just give mini updates through the day. But there is a sense of community that you miss out on by not really pouring it out there.

samurai said...

Not all lurkers are creepy though. 8) For example i know you have a life outside of your blog, so if you don't comment on a post - no matter how witty i may feel it is - it doesn't bother me. Lurk away. 8)

Hope you have a great summer though.

Melli said...

Life does have a way of sneaking in and STEALING blog time! I'm suffering from a bit myself lately! And I'm not LIKING it! While I enjoy living my life, I don't want to not have time for my on-line friends. It's a really HARD thing to balance... *sigh*