Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee hosts this weekly meme. It's a great way to get to know other bloggers and a bit about yourself too! If you play, let me know.1. Please share one memory of your high school graduation. Pics would be great!
I am sitting here wishing that I had a picture to scan! They are all at my Mom's I think. I remember my entire family being here for it. I know that I had 648 people in my graduating class. I remember the party afterwards at our house. It was great fun as we celebrated the event.
2. What is one "emergency use" item you keep in your vehicle at all times? Only because my FIL gave it to me...it's a multi-use tool that is designed to break your window and cut the seatbelt if your car is submerged in water.
3. In your region, do you celebrate graduation open houses? Addendum: (If so,) how many open houses/bridal showers/weddings are on your upcoming events calendar? Yes, we DO celebrate open houses. It's weird because ours have been quiet for a few years. I have some I would LOVE to be at in Ohio for cousins and family members. We're going in July and will see them then. I love doing the open houses and am excited to host one for DS 3 in two years.
4. Tell me one truth you believe about motherhood. It's the toughest job you'll ever love.
5. What was the last thing you broke? My toe in Toronto. Hmmm...now I'm wondering if this is like "I broke my favorite dish" vs. "I broke this body part." Oh well...the last thing I remember breaking is that toe...
6. On average, how many pieces of junk mail do you receive daily? About 6 -8. This is NOT true for email where I receive HUNDREDS and they get socked away in a junk mail file...thank goodness.
7. Do you like to shop by catalog? Yes, but I don't really ORDER by catalog. I tend to "shop" and "browse" but never really follow through.
8. Is lawn maintenance at your house a "his job," a "her job" or "his/her job" or "that's why we have teenagers" job? It's the neighbor's job. He does it for a living and we pay gladly for the service! I tend to do the beds though.
9. Which room would you like to redecorate in your home? It might be better if this question asked, "Which room do you NOT want to redecorate in your home?" BUT I am so excited because DH has started the ball rolling to redo our kitchen. That's going to be a great start!
10. Do you read a newspaper regularly, or do you read most of your news on line?
I read the local newspaper online regularly.
11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason? I can't stand it when people say, "everything happens for a reason." Sometimes the reason, in my opinion, is because we live in an imperfect world. BUT I DO believe that all things can work toward the good...and that there are often lessons to be learned in everything: good and bad.
12. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? I am thinking if I had to pick one of these things it would be to "do things right". In fact, I probably fixate on it a bit much!
5 comments:
#2 is both cool and a little scary.
#4 Amen, and i am not one, but i completely agree.
#8 Jealous. 8)
#11 Agree completely. It's like a cop-out for a lack of effort, or a means to blame God for bad things that happen... imo.
Thank you for sharing Susan. Hope you have a good week.
LOVE your answer for #4! Wish I had your answer to #8!
We're studying Ezekiel right now... and the more I study Ezekiel, the more I believe that EVERYTHING does have a reason!
Loved reading your answers. I enjoy visiting everyone on Wednesday to see how they answered them. Enjoy the rest of your week.
I think my favorite answer is number 11! I always try to put that into words but it never comes out right - you and Mr. Dojo have hit the nail on the head perfectly!
Susan,
I have something for you.. if you can just drop by
Connie
Post a Comment