More Info About Me

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Random Dozen



1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated? Well, there is NO question that BLOGGING has to be at the top of my procrastination list.

2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night? Most nights, about 20 - 30 minutes to fall asleep. As for sleeping through the night, it depends. Sometimes I sleep solid through the night. Most nights, though, I'm up at least once if not more. If DH is gone, I'm up every hour!

3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles? I really don't know for sure. I like the full flowing skirts of the 50's. I also like the pedal pushers people wore then.

4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd? This is an interesting question. I make pretty good enchiladas and can make them for a lot of people. I also make a fiesta chicken in the crock pot that is pretty good and makes a lot.

5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?
Sometimes I am. See my previous post about shopping at the Vera Bradley Outlet Sale...here's a picture of what I picked up on impulse. I did "sift" and whittle, though!
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral? That it is celebratory in nature.

7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today? It's definitely in simple moments. Last night, all five of my kids and my husband were at home. We just sat and watched TV together and it was comfy. I love those moments.

8. What is your favorite type of bread? Anything fresh and hot!

9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.) I have to work on selfishness on a regular basis. I fear that it could grow if I don't keep it in check.

10. What trait would you like most to develop? Hmmm...I wish I were more corageous. I found a great list of traits at this site.

11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why? Wow, probably my family room. It's laid back...like I'd LIKE to be...and filled with pillows and blankets to just relax. I dream of having a home where people can kick their shoes off and relax...so while it doesn't necessarily mean that I'M relaxed...it's what I strive for and wish for others who visit.

12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging? Can I just say my first instinct was to say two words: "I don't!" Things get out of balance for me. Seriously. I work hard to balance and some days I succeed...most days though I'm on a serious growth curve!


5 comments:

debseveryday said...

enjoyed reading your answers! have a great day!

Mary Jo said...

Hey friend! Hope all is well. Been thinking about you a lot. :)

xxx
M.

Melli said...

I work on selfishness ALL the time too... and people would never suspect it of either one of us... but it's all about what's in your heart. Sometimes I think though that it's more about our inability to say NO than it is about being selfish. I think we start to feel selfish after we have given sO much (time, talent, gifts...) and people still want mOre.... but it IS a struggle!

LOL! Seems we're all struggling with balance too! :)

Unknown said...

love the vera bradley picture it was so funny as I did not write this but I have a problem when I see anything new from vera bradley there is a new pattern now and it has a little journal I just love, found you thru random dozen today and i am your newest follower, come visit if you have time at http://nf1andpre-kwhisper.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love your blog layout..done very nicely.
Love your answers too.
Crackpot chicken sounds good.
Great that you are a mother to 5!
Mine is here
Nice to meet you.
Happy Wednesday!
Wishing you an advance HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
hugs
shakira