More Info About Me

Thursday, November 26, 2009

This morning I opened my eyes and I thought, "Wow, I am so abundantly and richly blessed! Thank you God!"

I am first and foremost thankful for His love that sustains me each and every day. Without my faith, I know I would be lost and lonely. I love the shirt someone described in church last week. It was a t-shirt that read "I'm the wretch" (or something like that). It was a reference to one of the best hymns ever" "Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound that saved a WRETCH like me." Yep, I'm one of the "wretches" that has experienced that amazing and marvelous grace.

Of course, right after my thanks to God I am thankful for my DH. Last night he pulled me aside and asked if I was OK. Then he proceeded to tell me that the boys informed LG that sometimes Mrs. Susan gets a little "crazy" just before a holiday...trying to make sure it's the way she wants it. (Glad they all know their wife/mother well.) Anyway, I cannot begin to tell you what this wonderful man does for me, and for us, each and every single day. He is a rock and I love him for it.

Each one of my kids are such blessings to me. I am so thankful that they are each on a unique journey and have really had no major growing-up issues that so many young people experience. They love learning. They love helping others. They love their family. I could not ask for any more.

Yesterday, I had a conversation with someone that once again reminded me just how blessed I am in regards to extended family! Our family has always been close. We enjoy being together. We enjoy laughing and having fun. I love that! It's hard for me to understand that this is not the "norm" for everyone. I realize it's special...but I sometimes forget just HOW special. I am thankful for each and every one of our extended family.

I could go on and on counting my blessings one by one. I won't though. There isn't time this morning. I have to get ready for this day of thanksgiving.

As I close, let me also assure each person who reads and/or comments on this blog--I am thankful for you as well. I never thought my blog would be such a blessing. It's amazing to know there is another "unseen" community of support out there. I am thankful for YOU too.

May you be richly blessed this Thanksgiving and always!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

I am thankful you are one of my blog friends, Susan. You have been from almost the very start.
Susan

Catherine said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Melli said...

HOW can you forget??? I TELL you all the time!!! You are sooooo blessed! And so am I!

I am wishing your FAMILY - and especially that little LG - the most BLESSED Thanksgiving a family could ever have! I know this is the year that you HAVE it! And it gives me tingles to think about it! THANK YOU Father God!

Kelly said...

"I am the wretch the song refers to." I love that Tshirt!

I hope you & yours have a great Thanksgiving!!!!

I get a little crazy around the holidays too. hehe. But I love them!