More Info About Me

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Random Dozen: These are DOOZIES!


1. If you could master one sport, what would it be? Hmmm...I think it would be tennis. I don't know why...I suppose cause mastering it means, to me, that you might look cute in one of those cute little tennis skorts. And honestly, right now that would NOT be true! I guess my second, more real, choice would be some sort of ballroom dancing--which I'm not sure is considered a sport...but I know you have to be fit to do it.

2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision? Ummm...I'm totally an impulse person. It's a good thing I'm married to DH cause HE is the researcher ad nauseum! But I'm sure it's kept us from getting some lemons and making some poor decisions in our 22 years together.

3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name? Michelle East or Michelle River. Our street was called by both names. I like Michelle East better.

4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food? FOOD. I LOVE music and think it provides me more nourishment some days than what I put in my mouth!

5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference? I like 'em yellow with a tinge of green in them still. Once they are spotty, they are good for banana bread (which I thought about this morning cause there are four spotty bananas on my counter).

6. Your favorite tree is? I love the giant old oaks that have a ton of arms. They beckon you to climb them and take a load off!

7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you? Hmmm...tech savvy? I use it a lot. I am pretty good at figuring it out. As far as the HOW and WHY it works, not so much. Soooo I'd have to go with a 6.5

8. Has H1N1 touched your family? Yep. DSs 3 & 4 had it right after school started this year. My nieces had it not long ago. No one had it very severe. It was pretty much like your typical flu.

9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing? Wow...I am pretty analytical when you give those two choices. Although putting me and analytical in the same sentence might make some of you spit your drink out with laughter. I DO analyze things...I just usually do it internally.


10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala? I think I'm more like a cat. I don't know why. I think it's cause I like to do my own thing sometimes. I like alone-time when I can. I love my sleep. When I want attention, though, I'm sure to find it! ;-)

11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago? Thanks to Facebook, I do this more than ever. I was horrible up to that advent. Now I'm doing pretty well with a lot of them.

12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why? I will go to the lane with less people...as long as the groceries aren't piled in mountains on the checkout. I do it because invariably there will be someone in the express lane who has a snafu...forgot something...credit card won't work...or something else...and 9 times out of 10 I'm out the door before the last person in the express lane!


14 comments:

sara said...

Love your #10!!

Happy Wednesday!

SusanD said...

Great answers. We did answer the same to several of them. I'm a FB stalker too. lol Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

kreed said...

My middle name is Michelle, too! and I love slightly green bananas...maybe we are related! Ha! Ha!

Have a fabulous day!:)

Aunt Angie said...

We have many commons...but #5 is something I rarely hear...I like mine with a bit of green too! I can't eat any banana once it has softened. I thought I was weird. :)

Lazy Daisy said...

No surprises here....I would definitely rate you higher on technical merit. You have great people skills, you read their heart language well which is an art form dearest so you don't have to be analytical.

Miss you.

Judy said...

Thanks for stopping by! I agree that FB has really helped to stay in touch and reconnect!
Loved visiting your blog!

Jessie at Blog Schmog said...

darn facebook! I picked cat too. :)

Melli said...

I am HORRIBLE at keeping in touch. THE WORST. I simply don't do it. I am totally outta sight/outta mind. Very bad.

I NEVER get out of the grocery store with few enough items to go through the express! I can walk in to get ONE thing and walk out with 25! :)

Music is far more satisfying than ANY food!

KrippledWarrior said...

Great read today, Thanks. I always end up in the checkout line right behind the guy trying to do a hostile bank take-over through the ATM.

Skoots1moM said...

awesome answers, Michelle :D

Angie said...

I like Michelle River, but you'd have to read my answers to know why. :)

So many pristine banana eaters out there; me too!

Your blog is cute!

Joyce said...

It was fun reading your answers...I'm with you...I love a cute tennis dress : ) oh and my ski pants are so slimming! Too bad I look like a complete dork when I ski. I prefer to just walk around in the sports attire : )

SnoWhite said...

I LOVE big old oak trees ... they seem so "wise" in appearance to me.

Susanne said...

We don't have a whole lot of oak trees around my parts. I don't think I've ever really seen a huge old one.