More Info About Me

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Just a glimpse...

I have so much swimming around my head that I decided to just write a "list blog" today. Perhaps it's a peek into "me"...it's at the very least a glimpse into my complex and always running thought process.

  • LG is going to her second tumbling class tonight. I'm so grateful for my colleague, S, who offered the suggestion! S is taking LG home after school to play with her niece and daughter and then will take them on to tumbling where DH will pick her up.
  • DH is such a great husband! He's been doing extra laundry duty with the arrival of another female in the house! I'm thankful for all he does for our family...I know it's a gift that I sometimes take for granted.
  • DS 4 has really risen to the "big brother" title. He is quite aware of LG's whereabouts at school. I often get to see him check up on her to make sure she's OK. I love that.
  • In other DS 4 news, some days I want to ring his neck! He is a chip off the old block for completing homework. Some days he does and other days he doesn't. I'm praying he gets the self-control he needs in this area before the big Middle School years hit!
  • DS 2 hurt his wrist playing frisbee the other day. He's been dealing with doctors and MRI's all week. I hope there is no surgery involved, but we'll see.
  • Today, my friend Sandy and I finish up a two day workshop at another school across town. It's always fun going and meeting other teachers and seeing similarities and differences in schools.
  • Our church is hosting a HUGE block party this Saturday from 1:00 - 4:00, and I am in charge of it. I still have to shop for the food and handle the last minute stuff tomorrow afternoon/evening.
  • The weather is finally not STEAMY HOT! I'm glad. I also have to admit, though, that I'd like to see just a teensy bit of sunshine today. It's been gray for three days now and that simply is not Florida norm. We love our sun here and I think I am in need of soaking up those vitamin D rays regularly to keep myself perky!
  • LG commented at dinner last night that we were in for a FUN weekend! She is excited about the Fall Festival. Then Sunday night, we are having several friends from church over for supper. I'm glad she likes the hustle bustle that sometimes is our lives!
  • Finally, I must comment about her nightly prayers. I love praying with my kids before they go to sleep. Every night I ask her if she has requests and she always mentions her Grandma (who has raised her). In the last few days, though, she has added Grandma and Grandpa N, Grandpa and Grandma C, and "Grammie". Last night I thought "Who the heck is "Grammie"? Then I realized...she hasn't met my Mom yet, but she's heard me call her "Gram". She translated that to a new name: "Grammie". SO CUTE and touching that she has already connected with our extended family this way!

When I take the time to just bullet list some thoughts, it reminds me of so many blessings! I could go on and on listing thoughts, ideas, feelings, observations here. But I won't. This is enough.

May we all find joy in the day-to-day happenings of our lives today!



4 comments:

Melli said...

Sometimes I wish I still HAD the hustle & bustle that your life is still so full of. Other times... not so much!

I'm so glad that little girl is just fitting in -- and that you are already providing her with so many opportunities and enrichments that she probably never would have had without you! I LOVE that!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the updates...S. Was deeply moved by LG remembering us in her prayers...and after only one visit with her. That's really special. So glad A is enjoying being a big brother! Can't wait till we can spend more time together with everyone again. Give LG (and her big bros) a big HUG for G'pa & G'ma C! LY All

Lindsey @ Sound Eats said...

It sounds like LG has been such a blessing to your life already, and I know you guys have been such a blessing to her. Thanks for these posts, it's so wonderful to be a part of this story and journey by reading updates here. :)

kreed said...

Crazy, busy times! Enjoy!