Thursday morning, I took LG over to her Grandma's to visit with her brothers and cousins that she hasn't seen since she moved here. She and I had a visit with her Grandma and we've visited her younger siblings. But she had not seen her older brothers and cousins.
I have to be honest, I wondered what this would be like. I had never been to Grandma's home. This was the place she and the other kids were removed from a little over a month ago. And, honestly, if it were me in my 8yo body, I probably would not have wanted to leave my family and return to a foster family.
But there was none of that. She had a great time visiting. We took pictures so she can have them for her own scrapbook/room. It was nice talking with the boys and her Aunt/Uncle who have them. And Grandma was happy to share some of the things she wanted LG to have as she prepares to move to a smaller home.
LG and I came home in time to visit with our family and begin our own celebration. It was a great day shared with the blessing of family. DH did a great job preparing the turkey as usual. We served up buffet style and brought tables in to the living room so we could share the meal together.

This year we bought "real" glasses for the mashed potato bar. The kids seemed to enjoy doctoring up their potatoes and preparing them for eating.
Here's part of the group settling in to the meal:
And here's the other part of the group:
After dinner it was great fun playing corn hole and enjoying the beautiful weather! One of the blessings this year was having DS 1 home. Last year he had just begun Basic Training. This year he was able to be here for a good portion of the weekend with us. I know DS 4 enjoyed it--he really misses the guys when they are not home.
LG and DS 2 enjoyed hanging out on the back porch and visiting after the meal.
DS 3 played corn hole in his "special outfit". Do you suppose it helped him? I think they won...so who knows for sure??


8 comments:
I love the family photo!
Love.It! That family shot is sooooo cute! It is CRAZY trying to get these family pictures!
I can't believe how LONG DS3's hair has gotten again! Man, it grows fast! I LOVE that "special" outfit!
Honestly Susan - all of your kids just crack me up! Y'all are a hoot! I don't blame LG a bit - who would NOT want to be a part of YOUR family!?
I love your mashed potato bar. What a great idea! My kids would love it too. Thanks for sharing. Many blessings to you and your family!!!
Your food table looked yummy!! Love the family photo...great memories!!
Hey Susan!
I'm so glad you guys had a great weekend! I love the pics and that last one is just precious!
Hugs!
Mary
Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday, and I love the family photo!
This was great! I love all the photos! Looks like you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. God is really using you to bless LG's life. That is so awesome!
Post a Comment