Friday night I came home and was exhausted! Turns out everyone in my house was exhausted, because we were ALL in bed and asleep by 9:30pm. DS 3 went first at 7:30! Then, DS 4 and I went. Finally, DS 2 went. He was getting up at 4:30am to haed to an Ultimate Frisbee Tournament on the other side of the state.
I got up early Saturday morning to conduct a parent workshop at my school. It was a Reading Comprehension Workshop for parents of students in grades 3 - 5 We did not have a great turnout, but those that were there enjoyed it (I think).
From there, I headed out to a craft fair. Our church had a table there (we have several people who make some beautiful cards) and we were handing out FREE Scrapbooking supplies as part of our kindness outreach. It was pretty slow, so we decided to pack it up early.
After that, DS 4 had a soccer game. He played great ball and they won! I don't know if he'll continue in soccer or not. He doesn't quite have the zeal that my other guys did...but he is definitely a better player today than he was just a few months ago.
Last night was "Crepe Night" at my house. My guys love to have breakfast for dinner when DH is out of town. And one of their favorites is crepes. So, we made crepes and enjoyed this little change in our normal nighttime meals.
DS 2 did not get home until midnight from the soccer tournament, but he was so excited that his team won the entire tournament! He loves playing. I guess you'd have to in order to play seven games in a day!
This morning we had a great time at church. I really am chewing on the sermon and want to share more of my thoughts on that later this week. After that, we went to DS 4's final soccer game of the season. They won again!
When we got home I took DS 4 to the skatepark. I am amazed when I am at this park. The park is filled with kids (usually boys) who are either skating or skateboarding in and out of the concrete pools and ramps. Today there were several kids flipping in and out of the pools. I cringe as I watch it!
I came home and finished my blog labels. As you can see, "chabby chic" won. I have loved working with this over the past few days! It's so much fun to learn new things.
It was busy, but it was good. Have a great week, everyone!!
6 comments:
My weekends just DRAG by. We don't have internet or tv or phone at our "weekend parsonage". We just take one car up there so unless I want to go along for all the visits then I just stay at home with the dog and get caught up on my "quiet time"... it is the weeks that rush by and are so filled...
my email is merrieposey@yahoo.com find me as a friend on facebook, please... thanks
Know what you mean about the days going by so fast. I don't have as much of an active schedule as you, but the time still flies by.
Your blog looks great. I've been using scrapbook kits for mine for several months. I need to finish the one I've been working on because Valentine's Day is long gone.
Have a good week.
SEVEN games in one day!! WOW!! Must be nice to be young...Sandy
I can see why your weekend flew by! I guess with four boys, you aren't going to have much down time. Congrats to DS2 for winning the tournament!
your weekend does sound like it was busy. Mine was relaxing. We headed to the beach for the long weekend.
Congrats to DS2 on the soccer wins!
How do you NOT go to these tournaments??? Even once my kids were driving I STILL had to BE there! I couldn't stand it if they played a game and I didn't get to see it! But... I do have a question... Above you said DS2 was going to a Frisbee tournament on the other side of the state -- and then BELOW you said he played 7 SOCCER games -- which was it? Or was it 2 separate tournaments? Either way GOOOOOOO DS2!!! WHOOO HOOO!
We like breakfast for dinner at my house too!
Lookin' forward to your thoughts on your sermon -- I know you will have something profound to share with us.
Post a Comment