More Info About Me

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Grrrr...

Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog design. I used a digital scrapbooking kit to make it. I used the elements to create my header using Microsoft Publisher. I just saved what I created as a picture to get it into my blog.

Now on to my GROWL!

I woke up this morning to discover my purse has been stolen. DS 3 and I figured out that this must have happened while we were bringing groceries in from the car last night. It was dumb, but I didn't take my purse in during the first load. The car was opened and it's evident that it was taken during that time.

Someone charged $20 on my credit card...so it's not "that" bad. It's still a violation and it's a pain in the rear to get it all taken care of.

On a happier note, it seems like I may have figured out what I will be able to do next year. I know that I have to go back to the classroom. I had a wonderful conversation today about possibilities and I'm excited. I'll be able to share more after our budgets are done and the staff is configured. I've believed that God would help me make decisions and end up doing what I am "supposed to"...but I still am certain I've been going through a grief process over the whole thing. Still, it's the first time that I've been somewhat "excited" about my job since the cuts were announced.

By way of information, DS 1 graduates boot camp next week. I can't believe it's at the "end"...but I know he's ready for the next step. DH and DS 3 will be flying up for his graduation.

I plan to get back to regular blogging soon...I have to finish getting my place spruced up here. In the meantime, I finished my new signature below. This has definitely given me energy.

Hugs to all of you!!

11 comments:

Baba said...

Hi Susan, how quickly we can turn our backs and bad things can happen..I am sorry your purse was taken.. it is a pain to replace everything...at least you can cancel cards before huge charges are added on to them.

I love your new look!The blues and greens blend together so well.I have not tried digital scrapbooking;it sounds hard to learn how to do it.You did a great job...

Next year you will master your new position in the school system and will be happy for your new found accomplishments..Wishing you a good year... hugs, Baba

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Susan, one of my co-workers had her bag stolen as she was putting groceries in her car. She left it in the front part of the cart, and as she bent over to load a bag, the robbers came by and swiped it out of the cart! Sorry this happened to you.

Graduates boot camp already?!

Love your new look. Slightly jealous.

heidi @ ggip said...

Love the jewel tones!

So sorry about the stolen purse! What a pain! I hope it gets worked out quickly.

Ladybug Crossing said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your purse! That's beyond frustrating!

Love your new look.
xo
LBC

Anonymous said...

I like the gems on teh new signature and the colors too.
Stinks about your purse...just a pain in the neck to "stop" and "recover" everything. Not sure I could even remember everything that's in mine! Talk to you later! LY...C

Jill said...

Love your new design, Susan. And I am so bad about being careless with my purse...I totally would have left it in the car like you. So sorry... grrrrr is right.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are seeing some positive in your job situation. I know it has been a very discouraging time, but I hope you will feel that you are where you need to be when all is said and done!

Melli said...

Oh Susan! I have had my purse stolen twice - and it is the worst! Replacing the driver's license and social security card are the worst! I NO longer carry my social! That one is just the biggest nuisance of them all! But at least you discovered it before any more damage was done!

I'm glad things are working out for you at work. I know that will be a huge relief.

You don't get to go see DS1 graduate? Oh, that's sad... :( It's nice DS3 gets to go with his Dad though!

Susan said...

How terrible to have your purse stolen like that. I would be so upset!!!

Love your new signature. One comment on the page....it is hard for me to read the comments.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your signature!!!!! Sounds like kids stole that purse ;(

I wonder if your new plans have anything to do with your dreams of teaching at the college level???

Katie said...

I'm sure you will be happy to have your DS home from boot camp. My cousin is in boot camp in Texas right now until March 20th and my aunt is chomping at the bit to see her. As far as the purse situation...this is the main reason why I don't object to video cameras everywhere...it may invade my personal space but atleast it may deter people from doing bad things.