And although my detective skills are sketchy at best, here's what I KNOW today:
The thief was probably not a woman or a girl. The purse, it's wallet and my coin purse are all "well-known" names and were left together with my cards/paperwork!
He/she was NOT savvy enough to figure out that a couple of specific store credit cards could have been easily used online. Instead, they were untouched and left in the purse.
This person most likely was NOT after "my identity" because my insurance cards, driver's license, and checkbook was left alone.
He/she was no fan of Disney...there are THREE Disney passes in the purse that have a day left on them. (I know that you have to stick your fingerprint on the machine...maybe they did too.)
This person is not "green" cause they THREW my purse on the side of the road. If I were a thief, I'd have thrown it in a dumpster somewhere where no one would find it. I'm glad they didn't do that!
This person is not a "reader". I know that's odd, but there are TWO gift cards for Borders and Barnes & Noble for $50 in there. I guess he/she wasn't smart enough to know that they could have picked up other things there too, not just books.
They most likely do not get headaches cause there were two bottles of painkillers in the bag!
In fact, other than having dinner at a local seafood restaurant for $20 on my credit card...and taking the cash that was in there, it looks to me like everything else was left inside the purse.
What have I learned? It's a "good thing" to get an "Ignorant Illiterate Environmentally Insensitive Thief"---cause it means you just MIGHT recover most of your stuff!
11 comments:
I'm glad you got your stuff back!
I would be most afraid of someone trying to steal my identity. Credit cards and whatnot can be reported as stolen, and I rarely carry a significant amount of cash!
And if your thief was a woman and your handbag is "well-known" name, she probably would have kept it or hocked it.
You are certainly enjoying the lemonaide instead of the lemons, Susan!!! Glad you got so many of your important things back.
Susan
Yea... usually all they want is the cash and a major credit card. Both times that my purse got stolen they got NO cash and the first time they didn't even get a credit card! What they did get was ticked off because they too threw my purse in the street - but they ripped up all my photographs that were in my wallet! The 2nd time they got a credit card and used it ONE time for gas before I called it in. But what amazed me the MOST the first time was that there WAS jewelry in there that could have been hocked! But they probably thought it was just costume jewelry and so I got THAT back! LOL! I ended up selling it myself when times got tough! Hehehe...
I'm glad you got your stuff back! It's that STUFF that's a pain replace!
I've never had my purse stolen (thank you God) but my credit card number some how got stolen once and they racked up about $8,000. Luckly we weren't held responsible. My thief must have been smarter as I never lost my card, so didn't know it was stolen until it was well used.
Love the new look on your blog and am glad you got your purse back!
Mariyn
Wow... Susan, I am so happy that you got your most important things returned !!!May you have a great week-end.... love ya, Baba
Wow...that's awesome Sus. Still makes you feel violated though to think that someone would go in your yard and take something! LY..C
ha! Laughing WITH you. I am so shocked your purse was found mostly intact. A small miracle indeed!
You can rule me out. I would've taken the gift card for the books and the Disney passes. :)
A friend of mine got her house broken into and her purse stolen. Apparently it happened all the time in her neighborhood. Anyhow, the thieves never took anything but cash and dropped the purses asap. In a way that was smart because you can't trace cash.
I'm glad you got all the identity stuff back!
An "ignorant illiterate environmentally insensitive thief," SO FUNNY!! He/she obviously needs a new "job," cos he/she is no good at thieving. LOL...glad you recovered most of your stuff!
Post a Comment