More Info About Me

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

And Speaking of Laughter...

I love this magazine. Now, that alone might make you laugh. If you know me at all, then you know that I REALLY don't like to cook much. And I really don't cook much thanks to my DH who DOES like to cook.

So, you might think I bought it cause I thought it meant "hardly cooking" vs. "cooking healthy." The truth is, I got it because it was one of the choices on DS 3's fundraiser order that I thought was reasonable. And I also got it because every once in a while the cooking urge hits me and I like to have new recipes to try out.

This month's issue is full of great recipes that I plan to try as soon as DH heads off to Texas this month. I won't even explore why I wait until he's gone...I guess I just like a smaller audience.

As you might expect, the January issue has some articles on healthy living. One of the articles is called, "5 ways to boost your metabolism". I thought..."I NEED that article!" My metabolism is something I struggle with. Trust me, though, it boosted with #5, "Laugh it off." The article says:

When researchers from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, put people into a "metabolic chamber" (a small room that measures heat output in order to
calculate a person'a metabolic rate) and showed them funny videos, the subjects' metabolic rates rose by 10 to 40 calories. It's a small increase, but every calorie counts for those seeking weight loss, says lead researcher Maciej Buchowski, PhD.
I know that there are many research studies out there about the effects of laughter on a person's health. I just thought this was so timely since my "word for the year" is LAUGHTER!

Go ahead and do it...It's GOOD for YOU!!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for posting this.....yes, it's good for us and I sure need that extra calerie boost. I'm going to try and make a point of noticing something funny every day.
Susan

Heaven said...

That's cool how God showed you that laughing is not only good for your soul, but also for your body:)

Kelly said...

Love it! Now post a funny video and help me burn some calories. LOL! oops - I just burned some. :D

Melli said...

Well they've ALWAYS said it's the BEST medicine! What I wanna know is... if all that's true... why aren't I SKINNY???