More Info About Me

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Reflections

We took DS 2 out for Sushi for his birthday. It was all you can eat. Well...they may change that rule after MY family ate there, cause I am fairly certain that the restaurant LOST money on this crew. DS 1 at 45 pieces. DS 2--our birthday boy--at ONE HUNDRED pieces! DS 3 didn't do too bad with 61. And I'm pretty sure DS 4 was also somewhere around the 40 - 50 mark! Don't know about DH's count...

It was GREAT fun!

When he heard I was a bit sappy about my DS 2 turning 19, DS 4 said to me today: "Don't worry Mom! I'm not going anywhere. I told you I was planning to go to college online. I'll live at home forever."

I said, "yeah, but what happens when you want to get married?"

He said (without missing a beat), "I'll do online dating!" Uh. OK...

But will there be "online marrying" by then????

You gotta love 'em...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, online marrying, however I have heard of couples living in different houses on the same street ;)

samurai said...

Well, there are places like Match.com. LOL

Good luck with that. :)

Anonymous said...

Too Funny. Sometimes I wonder about these teenage/young adult kids of ours. But, all in all, you gotta love them. I know with Ethan, he has his moments I just want to shake him; but for the most part, he just makes me smile. And he can put food away with the best of them. All you can eat is the way to go. Sounded like a great evening!

Anonymous said...

Never had one piece of Sushi in my life....but it sure sounds like fun! Keep making those memories.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about all you can eat sushi makes me a little sick, but I sure am glad you enjoyed the celebration! :)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

UGH!! I do not like sushi at all but I would say your gang is all into it!! WHEW!! Well you know that is what your little baby boy would say..i just hope there will not be any on line marrying by then..or ever for that matter.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Come pick up your award at my blog..Sandy

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

How sweet. My 19 year old has been away since Labor Day, and I've had exactly two emails from him.

Susan said...

What a cute, sharp reply!!!
Susan

Connie Barris said...

well,,, is this where our kids are headed... ??? How funny...

oh my...

we do have online dating...

love ya

Tammy said...

Very sweet...so nice that your youngest wants to live with you forever!!

kreed said...

ooooooh...I love sushi! But I don't think even I could manage 100 pieces - that is impressive!

Maybe you will have some little virtual grandkids someday! You never can tell what the future will bring!

Katie said...

All you can eat Sushi?? WHERE?? :) I love sushi! I'm a hog too...I'm sure I'd be up there in the 100s as well. They are like candy to me! lol

Melli said...

Oh that DS4 is hysterical!!! Amazing what kids THINK of these days!

I have never heard of all you can eat Sushi -- but I'm not a sushi eater... so I DON'T go lookin' for that deal! I bet you're right though - I bet they change the rules now!!! (put a cap on it...?) THAT is a LOT of sushi! And EVEN ds4! WOW!