More Info About Me

Monday, September 08, 2008

It's Monday Do YOU Know What that Means?

In our city, Moe's celebrates "Moe Mondays". This is where you get any burrito and a drink for $5.55. My boys often go to Moe's on Mondays. Their burritos are simply huge and you can have them made with the toppings you pick. I rarely join them to eat there, although I do enjoy Moe's food.

Tonight, I got home late and DH tells me that a few of our family members aren't feeling well and that DSs 2 and 3 are at Moe's because they WERE hungry. I was starving since I did not get a lunch today and decided I'd see about joining them and leave sick bay at home.

Of course, the boys were gracious and said they'd wait for me even though they were more than half way through their meal. Upon my arrival at the restaurant, I should have realized just what a mess it was going to be! Cars were parked pretty much anywhere they could find a spot. And when I walked in, and was greeted with the infamous "Welcome to Moe's!", I could tell I just didn't belong!

I mean it was FILLED with the 15 - 20-something set with only a few folks of my age in the room. It was like a giant teen young adult ant hill. And they were everywhere. My growling stomach won out and I got in line anyway.

After making it through the line, DSs 2 and 3 and their friends had an empty table close by where they were seated. I told them I'd sit there. But they wouldn't have it. They squeezed room for their "forty-something" perhaps-she-needs-dates-for-hot-flashes Mother. And they politely sat there and talked while I tried to enjoy a peaceful dinner.

Although that was a stretch! The line, which remained out the door, continued to be filled with this crowd. It was loud. Very loud. It seemed that they all knew each other and there was communication throughout the restaurant that was weaving an invisible web of connections between diners. I actually began to wonder if there is a whole "Moe's Monday" cult or something!

Although I was tired, I enjoyed it in many ways. And I thanked God that my boys aren't afraid to get out with their Mother and are willing to let me occasionally glimpse into their teen and young adult lives. But I also told myself that next time I was tempted, I'd just send them with money and eat my burrito in the comfort of my own home!

11 comments:

Heather said...

LOL. I'm glad you got to have lunch with the boys. We miss our Moe's Mondays here in Orange county...they all went belly up a few months ago :-(.

kt said...

mmm...mmm...that all sounds delish. I'm hungry now! ;-)

kreed said...

I might have to search out a Moe's - but I think I'll leave the Mondays and the 15-20 age group for you to enjoy! I ahve found that I just can't hang with the young whippersnappers anymore :)

Mary Jo said...

$5.55?!?!?!?!?! Man! Our Moe's Mondays is $6.00. Dang! But we hit that place almost every week.

Jill said...

I love Moe's and haven't heard of Moe's Mondays. There is a Moe's about 2 min from my house. Maybe I'll just stay away...ha!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I think it was great that your sons were so gracious to you and invited you!! That says a lot for them I think!! Good guys!! I know. The older you get the noise just gets to be well just enough!! I only go to Moes when Kathy is in town. Lot to eat!! WHEW!!

Sandy

Jen S. said...

"Welcome to Moe's!!!"

Gotta love it.

What sweet boys you have!

BTW, LOVE your new look over here! Although it's probably not "new" anymore since I'm getting behinder and behinder in reading blogs!

Linda said...

Moments like this is what you will really miss when all your boys have left home. We don't have a Moe's here, but here is WV we are lucky to have a Taco Bell.

Merrie said...

Yes, we love Moe's...our son's introduced us to Moe's... "Welcome to Moe's!" Always makes you feel good and appre
ciated!

Anonymous said...

I love Moes!!! We are never too old for fun!!!!

Melli said...

OH! I remember MOE's in Savannah!!! WE jusssssst got a Moe's in my county about 3 months ago! But it's all the way at the bottom of the county... I mean alllll the way! BUT... we JUST got a Salsarita's down the street! Whooo whooo!