More Info About Me

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Surprises!

It's hard to believe that it was just a week ago that we headed into Ohio for my Grandmother's birthday surprise. I made a great little slide show on Rock You and when I hit publish, it was filled with photos from a Hispanic family not to mention Spanish captions! They were nice photos, but they weren't mine. I can't figure out what the problem is! So I'm going to post all the pics here. {Forgive the text alignment issues. I've republished this post nearly ten times...and I've just had a "let-it-go-and-hit-publish-for-the-last-time" moment!}

I love both of these photos and think I may put them in frames. One is my Grandma and Me. The other is DS 1 and Me.


The picture of me holding the little dog will be a blog post in the very near future. In many ways, I think I got one of the best presents of the day. I was touched beyond words and will share the whole story of this sweet little dog soon.



In this photo, Grandma is directing the "birthday singers" with her flower! I love it that she made sure we added that tag that says, "...and many more!" at the end of the traditional song! May it be so!


Below is a photo of DS 1 with my cousins two young children. They had a great visit with each other. I remember talking with my older cousins as a child and just looking up to them in great adoration. Maybe one day these sweet young things will think the same about this moment.



The other photo is Grandma with her children and their spouses who were able to be there that day.


This photo shows Grandma with several of her Grands and "Greatgrands". She has 13 Grandchildren. There are eight of us in the photo. There are 28 total Great Grandchildren and even a few "Great Greats" now. This photo has 7 "Great Grandchildren" in it.

It was definitely a weekend to remember!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those photos were beautiful!! Thanks for sharing these beautiful moments with us.

Melli said...

Blogger has been a real PITA today! I haven't been able to publish either -- or even SAVE for that matter! So, congrats for getting this up!

You are soooooooo blessed (and so is your grandma) that she is aging so gracefully and with her mind in tact! And I am a SUCH a sinner for envying that fact... Thank Him! Thank Him EVERY day!!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Susan, this is so wonderful!! Nothing like time with your family. I am so glad that you and your son and brother decided to go..This is just great!! You will never know just how much it meant to your grandmother...

Tammy said...

I love these pictures! Your grandmother is just beautiful and I loved all of your family photos! So glad you had this time with her to celebrate!

kt said...

What sweet memories!

Susan said...

Great photos. Thanks for sharing.
Susan

Susan said...

Susan, Yes, certainly I will pray and pass this request along to Hearts In "1" Accord prayer group :o)

There are seasons in our lives, that is for sure.
Susan

Kelly said...

Susan - these pictures are priceless. But I really want to see the hispanic family with their captions. LOL!!

And the story of losing your car is priceless. My husband loses our EVERYTIME we go to the airport.

Kelly said...

Susan - these pictures are priceless. But I really want to see the hispanic family with their captions. LOL!!

And the story of losing your car is priceless. My husband loses our EVERYTIME we go to the airport.

Kelly said...

Susan - these pictures are priceless. But I really want to see the hispanic family with their captions. LOL!!

And the story of losing your car is priceless. My husband loses our EVERYTIME we go to the airport.

Jill said...

What fun, and what wonderful memories. The photos are great. Looks like your son was popular with the little kids!