Here's the latest on our trip:
When I went to upgrade the room this past Spring, there was a SMALL charge. I thought the lady told me she took care of all of it via my account during the phone call, but apparently she did not. Therefore, it looked like we had an outstanding balance on our trip. If you don't "pay" by a certain date, then your trip is cancelled. This is what happened to us. (I will not go into just how teensy weensy the fraction of the cost of a total cruise this balance was, but suffice it to say, it was less than any one of you might believe.)
There are still no rooms on the ship. They have tried to switch dates, but we simply can't make that happen since we have a train trip that is non-refundable/transferable. Last week three customers canceled their cruise last minute (within 3 - 5 days of sailing). Today is five days before.
We are first on the waiting list to get in should anyone cancel their reservation. We have a new "friend" at Carnival who will be checking for us each and every day to see if someone cancels.
If they do not cancel, and we still have no room, DH and I will shift our dates and flight destination so that we can still do the train. Then we will take a cruise in the Gulf in July. With this plan, we'll still get to see a small part of Alaska...just for a shorter time.
All in all the cruise company is being as helpful as I think we could expect them to be.
I know it will all work out...and am thankful that we will be able to use our voucher for "something" even if this isn't it. Still praying for the "glacier" to move if it can.
4 comments:
You're joking!? That is crazy that your rooms were cancelled. I hope it works out.
Well now you know what happened. I was trying to figure this all out!! Hope all works out for you..Sandy
Oh, Susan. I was on vacation last week and am just getting caught up. I can't believe this! I hope everything works out.
I will be praying that someone cancels. I know this experience must have been very trying. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment