More Info About Me

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hello from Alaska!!

I'm typing this from our ship as we float north from Skagway, Alaska to Juneau. Today, DH and I actually took a floatplane trip around the rainforest and mountains. Yes, you read that right...I went ON THE TINY floatplane!! It was a great ride with amazing views. I saw mountain goats and eagles from the air. We ended at a lodge with an all you can eat crab feast. (This is the same town where you can take a ride on the "Deadliest Catch" ship.) The crab was fantastic.

We have taken hundreds of pictures...which I cannot upload here due to slow internet connection. There is no way that words can express the beauty we are seeing. The "naturalist" on our ship calls out each time she spots whales and other wildlife. In fact, we are waiting for the whale watching to start tonight.

Tomorrow we take a helicopter ride...yes, you read that right too...to a glacier. We'll land there and be able to walk around the glacier. Then later on we'll go on a whale watch and salmon bake in the evening.

This trip has been an enormous blessing....and with each trip airborne, I've felt much peace. Thank you all for your prayers.

I'll check in again soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome!!! I am so happy that you are having a great time. Alaska is one of the most beautiful states!!!

Melli said...

Oooooooo! Your trip is EVERYTHING I want MINE to be one day! We are DEFINITELY doing this Alaska cruise - one of these days! WOW! I would tell you to have enough fun for ME too -- but it sounds like you already are! You ARE prayed up! Now... I'm off to the beach! (for my own fun!)
Love ya!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I am so happy for you Susan!! Man!! I have always heard that this is the best best place to go!! Everyone that I know that has went has so enjoyed it. My brother and sister in law went and want to go again. You are so fortunate to be able to go!!
I would love to see WHALES!! WOW!! You have a great time for me..please.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I can't wait to see the pictures. The mental images you've painted are absolutely gorgeous.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, Dad really should have stowed me away in his stuff so I could come!

Maybe you will start coming with dad and I flying when we go?
-DS3

Linda said...

Susan, I'm so happy you are having such a great time. Can't wait to see the photos when you return home.

Enjoy!!!