
Thirteen E words that describe Susan:
1. Eagle - One of my favorite Bible verses deals with this majestic animal: "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40:31)
2. Educator - I LOVE being in education! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am doing exactly what I am called to do. I don't think that's something that many people can say about their life's profession.
3. Enthusiastic - I try to stay enthusiastic. I find that enthusiasm gives energy.
4. Economy - I know my DH might disagree, but I DO love a good bargain. I am aware of economic issues, and try to stay economical in my choices.
5. Edelweiss - I LOVE this song, from Sound of Music! When I was young, I was Gretel in the Sound of Music in our community theater. I've watched the movie dozens of times. DS 3 was also in the show here at our local dinner theater.
6. Editorial - I occasionally get "worked up" over issues. I have written editorials to the paper. I'll be honest though, most of my "editorials" are oral and for whoever will listen when I am worked up over an issue.
7. Eldest - I am the eldest sibling in my family. I LOVE my brothers so much!
8. Entertainment - Great entertainment is something that I enjoy. I love good music and theater. I admit that I am a fan of Idol, Apprentice, Home Makeover and Survivor...so I guess I like reality shows as entertainment too!
9. Elementary - I've spent more time in "Elementary School" than any other school...since that is where I teach. I believe with all my heart that a strong foundation is so important. It begins in Elementary. (I know that it really begins at home....this does not minimize the job of the Elementary experience in my opinion.)
10. Emotional - I am a highly emotional person. This was hard for my DH when we first got married. I've learned that I can't make every decision based on my emotions. That doesn't mean I'm less emotional, just more aware of them.
11. Exercise - If you've been reading my blog for any time, then you know that I am working out with a personal trainer twice a week. Lately it's been kicking my rear...I think it's because we've gone from training for a rep then resting while my friend D does her rep. Now, he has us on a circuit, so we are doing high intensity weights and cardio for an entire hour. I do love it...even though it's HARD sometimes.
12. Envision - I can picture things and ideas in my mind. I find that this happens to me a lot, so my colleagues often brace themselves when I say, "I have an idea..."
13. Eager - When I envision new ideas, I am eager to see them come to fruition. Sometimes this eagerness means I miss other things due to focusing on one thing very hard. I have also learned that just because I have a vision, others won't necessarily be as eager as I to make it a reality.
8 comments:
Yes, I absolutely DO believe you are doing what you were called to do too! And I can't think of anything more exciting or rewarding than that! And I suuuuuure can "relate" to eager visions! I have them too... and when I do, I can NOT be stopped! (personally, I think that's a "gift" too!)
It's so wonderful to read about folks who doing what they're called to do! What a blessing in life!
I'm learning a lot about you with your ABCs!
I'm really loving "Idol" this season. Thinking of auditioning next year...lol! We'll see.
Wow, I think you pretty well captured your essence in some very well choosen "E" words. Excellent!
I am so impressed that you are still working out with your trainer. That's pretty amazing.
I'm so impressed with your dedication to the exercise and personal trainer....you've been going strong for several months now.
I am so sorry that I have not been by in such a long long time. We have been gone and then I had a time getting myself back in the swing of things. Also we brought our oldest granddaughter back with us from Illinois. She only has one day left..plus i have been working almost every day!! So you see my excuses are legitimate!! Stop by.Sandy
I bet "E" was a tough one, but you came up with some great words! I share your love for all things having to do with elementary school. What a magical time!
Post a Comment