Friday - My friend, D and I worked out with the trainer. It was a great upper body workout. I tweaked my thumb of all things. This little "pinch" reminded me what a great workout I had all weekend. Thankfully, it seems to be better today.
Saturday - I taught Saturday School. We had a great time making "test strategy quilts" with the
kids. We read one of my favorite books, Hooray for Diffendoofer Day!. This is an "unearthed manuscript" from Dr. Seuss that was published posthumously. We talked about the theme of the book that they know everything they need to know...now they just need to "rest in what they know".We encouraged the students to put their "quilts" under their pillows and sleep on it. I know Saturday School sounds like it could be a bore, but it really is fun. Next Saturday the kids get to spend all the "money" they have earned for attendance, behavior and spirit activities at our Saturday School auction. It's so much fun to watch them wheel and deal!
After a much needed manicure, D and I walked 2 miles at the Y. Then we met our friend B for
dinner and went to a concert at her church. We got to see a "blast from the past", Don Francisco. It was a great night with some old favorites. One of my very favorites is I Don't Care Where You've Been Sleepin. You can click on the link and hear it, but here's a sampling of the words that are just so very powerful:Sunday - We went to church. The sermon was extremely touching and thought-provoking. I am probably going to blog about it later this week. I went to a funeral for a friend's Mother later that afternoon after a quick run through the mall. She was 103!I don't care where you've been sleeping, I don't care who's made your bed
I already gave My life to set you free;
There's no sin you could imagine that is stronger than my love,
And it's all yours if you'll come home again to Me.
When you come back to your senses and you see who's been to blame,
Remember all the good things that were yours with just My name;
Then don't waste another thought before you change the way you're
bound
I'll be running out to meet you if you'll only turn around
Last night, DS 4 and I went out to the beach to walk before sunset. It was a little cool, but still refreshing. I got to read some while he played with his friend.
Speaking of reading, I FINALLY finished a new book and will be reviewing it later on.
That's about all for my weekend. I hope yours was blessed!
4 comments:
I always love when you stop by and say hello....I know that you are very busy....it's been crazy here also...you with school...me with unschool (grin). You are the best!!! Even though we are both busy it comforts me to know you are here ;)
Well, I saw you on MY blog today - which means you're more caught up than I am! LOL!
I love the words to that song! And speaking of songs... I finally got to hear that Brookes & Dunn song yesterday - it started playing right as I pulled up to church! Too funny! I found I agreed with you - the DJ called it "very powerful" -- but I didn't find it to be very powerful. I really didn't like it.
Sounds like a nice weekend! I will be walking on the beach one week from today, and I can't wait!
What a nice weekend!
Praying for you as the season of FCAT descends upon us... (I wonder if we can give up testing for Lent...)
Post a Comment