More Info About Me

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thursday Thirteen: The ABC's of Me (A)

Many of you have done the ABCs on your Thursday Thirteens. I liked it and kept saying I was going to start it. Today I decided to make good on my word despite the fact that most of the blogging world will be doing 13's centered around blogging.

Here's 13 A words that describe or tell something about me....

1. Astute: I notice things and people and events. This can be good or bad as sometimes it makes me jump to conclusions about things or people or events!

2. Arts: I dropped out of "Great Works of Art" TWICE in college, but I DO love art. I know this is an area of my life that I need to improve.

3. Adore: I adore my DH and my four boys.

4. Amiable: I usually make friends easily. I like talking to people and getting to know them.

5. Answers: I like to find answers to people's questions--most of the time. I get to do this a lot in my job. I will confess that there are times when I think the questions are "dumb" and I don't give the BEST answer that I could. I'm learning.

6. Autumn: Although I grew up in Florida, I LOVE this season the best. I really love it the first time the weather gets crisp after being sunny and warm for so long. I also LOVE the colors that most the rest of the world gets to see.

7. Assign: I've done my share of "assigning" jobs and tasks as a teacher.

8. Author: I've written and published three books for teachers and hundreds of teachers guides for reading books. I really would like to write something for the "non-teacher" world. Who knows? Maybe someday I will.

9. Aim: Something I forget to do sometimes. I am quite random and I sometimes "jump in and fire" before I told myself to "ready and AIM". This can cause problems. I've learned the hard way.

10. Activities: I love to participate in many activities---scrapbooking, visiting with friends, crafting, etc. Mostly I love visiting with the people that the activities bring about.

11. Appreciation: There are so many people I've met and opportunities that I've had that I appreciate beyond what I could have imagined for myself.

12. Adventures: I like to go on adventures when anxiety doesn't get in my way. (Hey, that's TWO "A" words...adventure, that's not the extreme kind, is fun for me.

13. Assurance: I am so grateful for the assurance of my eternal life. I am constantly amazed at the grace that God extends to me regularly.

(That's another "A" word...AMAZED! This is getting easier each step I take. Only 25 more letters to go!)

13 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

Nice job. Happy TT.

Sally Datria said...

Are any of your teaching guides for elementary ages (4-5th ish)? I'm always looking for new ideas to teach reading. What are the titles of your other books...I'd love to add them to my reading list...Does Heather have copies that I could borrow, do you think? I'm visiting her the last two weeks of March...they may still be in boxes though...I could just google your name and find them, huh?? It's been a very long teaching day today and my brain is fried!! Loved your A's!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Believe me this greats harder and harder. I am up to the K's today!!
hey when you become that GREAT AUTHOR I would like to have a signed copy...Please!! smile
Hope you are having a happy valentines day today..

Sandy

Melli said...

You have astounded me with your adroit handling of the letter "A"! Nicely done! And like Sandy - I want a signed and dedicated copy too!

Jill said...

Love your list. Maybe when you come to ATL you can visit my ART gallery!

Lazy Daisy said...

Hey put me on the list for the signed copy...a dedication to your cheerleading blogger babes would be nice to. Loved your list and it was very revealing.

samurai said...

An nice way to help share yourself with your blog readers. :-)

There's something to be said about aiming. Remember, when you aim at nothing - you'll hit it. ;-)

Baba said...

Wow.. Susan , You have started the alphabet with great words about yourself..You are amazing and cute... Wishing you a "happy valentine's day'..Thanks for sharing your "a" list with us..Love ya, Baba

Tammy said...

Great list!
A happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I can't wait til you get to "Q."

heidi @ ggip said...

Fun list. I often search the internet for answers to people's questions. I think they must think I'm nuts when I email them with the answer.

Jane said...

I loved your list. I've done a few "letters" in my T13's too. It's fun.

Susan said...

Great list and tells a lot about you. No wonder I like you!!!!
Susan