More Info About Me

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Weekend Window

It's been a busy (yet balanced) weekend here in our world.

Of course, you saw that Friday was kind of quiet at home as DS 1 went to class and DSs 2 and 3 went to the Homecoming game.

DS 4 had a soccer game bright and early Saturday morning. DS 3 was kind enough to get up and go with me. DS 2 had to get up early to go take the SAT. The team won their game. It was a scrimmage, so it didn't count. DS 4 played Goalie and some on the field. He gets better each time he plays.

I worked around the house in the afternoon and went to the grocery store. We really needed to refill food cabinets around here. DS 2 went to Homecoming in a Limo with several girls and a couple of guys from the school. He is "single" right now...so he's just enjoying hanging out with friends. Of course, he said there was much drama.

DH came home at Midnight last night. It was nice to see him this morning. He doesn't leave again until Tuesday this week and then he'll be home for a while.

Our church is preparing for a special "service" in a few weeks. We have created a cookbook and some stories for young single Mothers. There are fifteen that will be joining us on the first Sunday in November for a special brunch and celebration service. The Pastor's wife emailed to see if I'd be a "mentor" to one of the girls that Sunday. I told her I'd be glad to...but I really think these girls might respond better to some of the other young Mothers that are in our church. Several of them are the ages of my oldest children. I thought they might respond better to a "peer".

This morning the director of this ministry spoke about how several of these girls have chosen to have their babies despite being driven to a clinic to receive an abortion. They are girls who sometimes put babies up for adoptions and other times end up raising their precious little ones. As she talked, I thought, "I'd be HONORED to be able to sit with one of these brave young girls on that day." I'm excited and am pretty sure that I "needed" to hear her testimony today in preparation for the ministry to come.

This afternoon I went shopping for a Bridal Shower gift. Don't you hate it when you go to shop at the registry and there's nothing but a toilet brush available??? I bought the gift card instead.

DSs 2, 3, 4, and I went to the Y to work out for an hour.

I came home and pretty much spent the remainder of the afternoon reading my new book.

In some ways, it's been a good balance of a weekend...enough play and enough rest to prepare for the week ahead.

9 comments:

Baba said...

Hi Susan, You have had a busy week-end..You deserve a sweet treat, so come visit me..Hootin Anni started this pay-it-forward gesture...
Do you need me to send a map???
Talk later, Baba

Mary Jo said...

yay for a balanced weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very nice weekend. :o) Ours just kinda flew by!!

Susan said...

I'm sure you will be a wonderful mentor!!!
Susan

Anonymous said...

You will be wonderful with the girls! Glad you had such a nice weekend!

samurai said...

I will be praying for for you and the women who are brave enough to stick by their babies - either through adoption or by raising the child themselves. What a vital ministry to reach out to these women.

I am jealous of your weekend though.... LOL

ybiC

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

That ministry is going to be incredible!! I'm sure you will make a HUGE difference in the lives of these girls!

Tammy said...

What a wonderful ministry, Susan! I'm excited to hear more about it- I know God will greatly use you!

Melli said...

Life is never DULL at your house - that's for sure! I remember when it was like that... but I think I like it better NOW the way it is! I enjoyed it all back then though!