More Info About Me

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wednesday Night Update

First of all, the good news....it seems that we may not have total loss on the hard drive. Today "computer man" did something different when DH's Dad was down there. Things started working sort of and now he's extracting files...he's just not sure what they are...YET. The fact that he can get to anything gives us hope that we'll be able to recover data.

FYI, I talked to the folks at Canon today and the guy told me that it is true that they can occasionally recover a few files that you "think" you have deleted from your digital camera's memory card. Something about "layering". Thanks, LeighAnn for the heads up on this one!

And now, I'll leave you with a glimpse of our evening:

12 comments:

Melli said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! We didn't have ONE kid come ... just like we never do! Looks like DS4 had a great time though! Is this the first time he and a friend went out by themselves? (that's BIG!)

heidi @ ggip said...

Looks like a great Halloween. Now that I think of it, I think the same thing happened to my sister's computer. I never did hear if they recovered the pictures...

Hopefully you will find yours!

Lazy Daisy said...

Love D4 camo....looks like a good haul too. I'm still waiting to see how my grand baby was dressed for her first halloween. Love your "outfits in the lower posts!

Ladybug Crossing said...

Wow! That's a lot of loot!
We never get any kids, so this year we went to a party at a friend's house and it was a blast!!

Hope you get your pictures off of your drive! I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you.

xo
LBC

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

He and my grandson dressed sort of alike. I posted My grandchildren on my blog today!! I did not get to see them but pictures work. I so hope that you can get those pictures back..Sandy

samurai said...

It's almost scary how much information can be retrieved from digital recording devices! LOL

Still praying that you can get your important files back!

Happy "All Saints Day!"

Anonymous said...

So glad you may be able to save some of your pics! Looks like DS4 had a great evening!

Linda said...

Looks like the kids had a lot of fun. We usually get about 300 kids and I thought it was going to be worse this year since it started at 6 and was still daylight. We only had about 200.

Baba said...

Hi Susan, I am back home from Atlanta and had a great time with the grands..Your DS4 looks like he and his friend had a ball on Halloween.I passed out the candy at my daughter's house while they went Trick-or-treat.Only about 30 kids came by the house.I was eating more candy than I was passing out.. Baba

Jill said...

Fun photos! I hope all turns out OK with your computer. That's terrible to think of all the photos you may potentially lose. I need to be better about having a back-up of photos myself.

Anonymous said...

Ace looks like he had a lot of fun with all of it. I kind of miss trick-or-treating.

Anonymous said...

What cute pics, Susan! The kitty going for the candy was too funny!!