More Info About Me

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Step into my world....

Things have been crazy around here. Of course that's not so far out of the norm, but it has made for an interesting week for certain.

DS 1 was supposed to ship out the 24th for basic training for the Army National Guard. He sustained a knee injury that is going to require surgery a couple of weeks ago. As a result, he had to get a letter from the surgeon and take it to the Guard. They have changed his "ship date" to April 28th.

DS 1 will have his surgery on the 30th of October. They are telling him it will be four weeks to recover.

DS 2 was injured in soccer practice this week and went to the doctor (same doc--we're certainly keeping him in business right now). He is on crutches. We are waiting to results from an MRI.

DS 4 has had strep throat this week and just went back to school today after two days on the antibiotic.

Thank goodness DH has been home to play "Mr. Mom". He does this with great finesse anyway even when everyone is "normal."

My new "Alice" quit this week. She's only been working here for two weeks. I knew it could be overwhelming, but didn't expect this. However, today she talked with DH and told him that she wanted to reconsider her decision. She was in an emotional state when she quit and told him that. Soooo...tomorrow he's going to tell her that we'd love to have her stay on. Believe me, I am doing the happy dance over this one!!

DS 3 went to work out with me tonight. My friend D had a stress test today and didn't do so well. With DS 2 out of commission, I had to find a new "backup partner". DS 3 did a great job as we worked chest and shoulders.

My niece is visiting from Orlando this weekend. She's staying at her Grandparents' house. She's going to go with DS 4 and me to a local pumpkin festival. I'm so excited to take them as they have a corn maze that should be great fun...and make for great photos.

Trust me, there's never a dull moment in this family!

6 comments:

Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, girlfriend, what a week you are having. Sounds like you need to keep the orthopedist on retainer! Stop by and see my tribute to you oh wise and wonderful one.

Melli said...

Oh boy! Does this orthapedist offer family DISCOUNTS??? I always thought OURS should too -- the ortho and the chiropractor! They never saw it my way though... *sigh*

So DS1 get surgery for Trick or Treats huh? Make sure you draw a witch or a pumpkin on his GOOD knee so they don't work on that one by mistake! LOL!

I'm glad "Alice" is reconsidering for ya -- what are you DOIN' to that poor girl? Did you try to get her to fold sheets????

Susan said...

I pray you can somehow slow your life down a pace or two :o)
Susan

samurai said...

Man - you could easily tack another half dozens things on that list! ;)

Praying that you all have a great weekend, and OUCH for DS1 and2...

Ladybug Crossing said...

That orthopedist must love to see your family walk -- um.. I mean hobble into the waiting room...

Hope everyone gets better real soon.

xo
LBC

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everyone heals up quickly!!