More Info About Me

Monday, October 01, 2007

My Weekend Window

This has been an EXTREMELY busy weekend for us.

DS 2 left on Friday for a weekend Spiritual Retreat. But before he left, he called me on the phone and asked if I'd be his "date" for the theater on Sunday. Of course I said I would go (more on that later).

After he left, I went to Friday night aerobics class. I am not a "dancer" by any means, but I DO understand about rhythm and foot movement. This lady adds a "shuffle step" in just when you least expect it, so I spent most of the class going the WRONG WAY. At least I wasn't alone...and I kept telling myself, "It's the moving that's making a difference, not which direction you're going."

DS 1's girlfriend came in for the evening. They stayed at home to watch the USF Bulls game and left for her house just before the fourth quarter.

With both DS 1 and DS 2 out that night, it made it a bit quieter at the house.

On Saturday morning, I went to Water Aerobics with Mrs. Hug-a-Tree. She's so matronly and earthy all at once, but I am enjoying her class. And it's early enough that I can get back before too many people are awake in my house.

DS 4 and I went to the "Soccer Jamboree" down at the fields. He had a great time while I MELTED in the HOT sun! It was a bunch of soccer-style carnival games. They earned prizes and tickets to trade in for JUNK. treasures.

Anyway, right after that I had to go to the grocery store. And literally after unloading and putting away the stuff from the store, we had to head out for haircuts. Both my "long-haired hippie" children (DSs 3 and 4) decided that they wanted a trim. They are still "long-haired" but at least cleaned up.

And literally after returning from THAT I had to change and get ready to go a wedding for a friend from school. She was a beautiful bride. I was shocked though, the wedding "service" only took 4 and 1/2 minutes...TOTAL. That included the processional and recessional. And while I'm sure it's exactly what she wanted, I found it lacking any references to faith...and in some ways, that made me so very sad. Nonetheless, we had a sit down dinner with several colleagues from school, so it was fun.

Yesterday, we went to church early to help sort and bag clothes for homeless and people in other countries. I am pretty sure the clothes are heading out to Belize. My MIL was a last-minute help as no one really thought about how we'd repackage the clothes once they were sorted and they ripped all the garbage bags they came in. Mom came to the rescue by sending some bags our way (thanks, Mom!). My SIL, Heather, came to church with us and was so gracious to loan her van to return all the sorted bags to the "storage house" (Thanks, Heather!).

Yesterday afternoon, DH and I went to the closing service for DS 2's weekend retreat. It was interesting as it was sponsored by the Episcopal church. DS 2 was a bit lost as he really hasn't been raised around liturgy as much. This made for some very interesting conversation this afternoon.

Then, DS 2 and I headed out for our above-mentioned "date" to go see "A Streetcar Named Desire" at one of the community theaters. We had a great time.

I didn't get to watch much football, but I know my BUCS won yesterday (So sorry Samurai)--although they suffered a devastating loss of Cadillac Williams (one of their best players). And the Colts won yesterday. My Fantasy Football team, however wasn't doing too well when I went to bed last night. I think DS 3 is going to beat me this week.

OK, can you say TIRED??? I hope your weekend was event-filled and happy, too!

10 comments:

Momma Roar said...

"It's the moving that's making a difference, not which direction you're going."

Now that is a great attitude!!

I love that picture of the window!

Mary Jo said...

I thought I was truly impressed by your weekend until I read the last line - YOU HAVE A FANTASY FOOTBALL TEAM?!?!?!?!?!? That is so awesome! You may inspire me to do one next year!

samurai said...

Susan - your Bucs did not just win - they OWNED the Panthers yesterday. It was an embarrinsing performance if you ask me.

It sounds like you had a nice (but exhausting) weekend.

May God restore you in unexpected ways.

ybiC

P.S. - My FFB team got smothered again. *sigh* LOL

Anonymous said...

What a busy weekend! That wedding must win the record for fastest ever. I have been to some that were 10 or 15 minutes, but under 5 is unbelieveable!

Glad you enjoyed some fun times with your boys this weekend!

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Busy, busy weekend! It sounded like you made some wonderful memories, though!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

WHOA! You are an uber woman!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk this weekend :( My email here at school is lknapp@stetson.edu if you want to drop me a line.

-Leah

Oh! I'm halfway through the Kite Runner and it is breathtaking.

Melli said...

Honestly? I'm THRILLED my weekend was NOT event filled! LOL! Not like yours anyway! I dO remember those day... and frankly... I'm glad they're over! LOL! You definitely fit a LOT of weekend into your two days off!

Jill said...

Uh - yes I can say tired! You are one busy lady!

Anonymous said...

ROTFL!!! Oh my, I almost couldn't read the rest of this ... after seeing *Mrs. Hugatree, I about lost it! Way too funny!