More Info About Me

Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday Musings...

In honor of the Halloween season, here is a button/award for everyone to give to their favorite readers. I received this, along with all the other Blogging Babes, from Linda at This and That . She happens to live in one of my favorite states to visit. It turns out that Linda was also supposed to join us on our trip, but was unable to do so. I hope she gets to come next year...shoot, I hope I get to come next year! :-)

This award originated with Trista over at The Pumpkin Patch. You can read more about it at her blog. Here's how it works:



1. Once you've been awarded the Sweet Treat Award, make a post and award it to bloggers who you deem "One Sweet Treat to Read" everyday.


2. Make sure you inform those who you awarded that they have won!


3. Grab the button and proudly display it in your sidebar for all your old/new readers to see!


I know some of you don't "do" Halloween, but I want to pass this award along to some sweet bloggers I read regularly that I deem "Sweet Treats". If you want to pass it along, great. If not, simply know that I think you're SWEET:

Guinevere is most definitely a sweet blogger. I am hoping to meet with her next week. She is the Mommy to Lance and she loves to dote on her precious son. I am loving watching him grow through her blog. I also appreciate the fact that she shares her thoughts on life rather regularly.
Ladybug is also a sweet blogger. I've been visiting her place almost since I started blogging. She is amazing as she is a busy busy busy wife and Mother. I love that she shares the laughter that is part of her life.
Stacy who is Vader's Mom is such a "sweet read" for me. She loves her dog, Vader and shares a lot about her travels, work, and life at home.
Now, these are not the only sweet people I know...but they do stand out for me.

I also received an award that I've been watching travel the blogosphere this week. I have been given the "Blog Friend Forever" award from my sweet friend, Barb over at Baba's Blog. She most certainly IS a Night Owl...but was so sweet to open her home to me last week to save me a hotel stay. It was a joy to spend time with Barb and her husband, Fred.

Of course, I feel like I need to give this to all the Blogging Babes as well, but since they've all received it, I decided to go a different route.

I decided that I'd pass this along to blog friends I have met in real life (besides the Blogging Babes--who received it already). My criteria is people I didn't know BEFORE I started blogging...and here they are:

Mary at For An Audience of One was one of the first bloggers I met in person. She and I met last October and it was as if we'd known each other forever. I am so glad that she took the time to come have lunch with me when I was in her area! I feel blessed each time I read her blog which regularly chronicles her faith journey and her family life.

Danielle and I met in July. She is someone who has gone through some blogging changes, but I adore reading her posts. She is so "real" with all who visit her. And she is a joy to meet in person as well. We talked for a long time and to be honest, I could have visited all day.

Jane at Cozy Reader is in Venezuela right now. She certainly is someone I consider to be a BFF. I'm so glad I "met" her through blogging and then in real life this Summer. She's a fellow Minister's Mate who loves the ministry.

It's so hard to narrow down any award. I mean each person who is on my blogroll is there because I value them as a blogger. Thank you ALL for the many ways you bless me each and every day.

11 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Of course you deserve all kinds of awards..mother to boys..now that is an award you really deserve!! WHEW!!

Sandy

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Thanks so much! You're a "sweet read" too!! :)

Melli said...

Whooo! More awards! More awards! Hey! GUESS WHO is in my Google Reader now??? *doing cartwheels!* YAY!

Bellezza said...

Congratulations on your sweet read award; it is just darling. And, I whole heartedly concur with its bestowment on you!

Susan said...

Congratulations on 2 more awards!!!
Susan

Jill said...

Congratulations, Susan. I am anxious to check out some of the blog you passed the awards to.

Jill said...

Congratulations, Susan. I am anxious to check out some of the blog you passed the awards to.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I love stopping by and seeing what you are up to as well. I'll pass this along tomorrow!!

Ladybug Crossing said...

Awwww... thanks! You are so sweet to think of me. I will proudly display this one.
xoxo
LBC

Patriot said...

Just wanted to let you know about a free giveaway at my site this week - come check it out! Thanks!

Ingrid said...

I just wanted to check if you survived the Savannah excursion, lol ! Congratulations to all these awards !