Cause I want to SCREAM!
The computer that used to be our desktop, but went to one of the boys housed all of my old picture files on it. You know, the ones that I thought over and over again this summer, "I need to get those uploaded to Walgreens or Shutterfly." OR right after I bought the CD's for them, "I really need to save those to a CD to back them up."
ONE WEEK, ONE MEASLY week after I started to upload all the files that I had not yet printed out or saved elsewhere the computer went down.
It finally went to the shop and yesterday we got the news: "Hard drive data unable to be saved."
I am SICK. There are HUNDREDS of photos on there that I have saved no where else. There IS one other alternative, to send it on to a data recovery specialist where it will cost $5 per meg (or something like that) to recover. DH said, "I really don't know how much we want to spend." In my head I said, "Whatever it takes."
Soooooo, is it wrong to ask for prayer that at the very least my photos can be recovered off that old hard drive????? Cause if we can't find it, I think I'll cry.
13 comments:
Oh... Susan, I feel so bad for you..I keep thinking that I need to back up all of my pictures on my computer.Why do we wait and then it is too late!!!Praying you can recover your pictures.... Baba
A friend once told me that when you erase your photos from your digital memory card, that they are not erased until you do a complete 'reformat disk' on the card. I had to hunt a while to find it on my camera, its not something easy to find....so, I'm hoping, if you have never reformated the card, that maybe all your photos are still on it. Take it to a local camera shop, it is my understanding that they can uncover them there. I hope this helps.
I think you're allowed to pray for that. Good luck.
Praying that your hard drive can be recovered! I know how you feel though - I lost my hard drive on June. I cried because I don't have the money to send it off for that and all the pictures from when we left were on it.
You live and you learn but remember they are good at what they do! Look around; some places will do it for a flat fee for up to so many megs and then charge after that. (like best buy could have sent it to HP for me and they would have done 50 meg for $140, etc.)
Praying!
Amy
Ohhhhhhh Susan! I'm sO sorry! No... I don't think it's wrong to pray for those lost photos... God answers our "trivial" prayers... but as Daisy ALWAYS reminds me... "no IS an answer"... I DO hope you can get those photos back! I know how imortant they are! (for gosh sake... that SCRAPPING material!)
Have you been to my house? Did you knock on ALL my doors? Did you get your treats??? HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
So sorry...I would be screaming too. Guess I had better get mine off of my hard drive. I do it about every month anyway!! i just hope something good comes from this and you get your photos back. Just think of those in California that lost things like that!! I just cannot imagine!! Sandy
I can only imagine the horror associated with that...
I am beginning to think that from now on my computers will have a minimum of two hard drives... one will always be a "mirror" drive so that when one goes bad I will at least have a crutch until it is fixed/replaced...
Praying for God to help see you through...
I am sick for you Susan. I hope you are able to recover them. I think you can tell from my blog that I love taking pictures, so I can imagine the meltdown I would be having if I were in your shoes! Keep us posted!
Oh NO!!!
I have 1 word for you -- SNAPFISH... when you get them off your drive, upload them to snapfish, k?
xoxo
LBC
Oh no! I feel your pain - I lost a bunch of photos 3 years ago and was not able to retrieve a songle one. And have I learned my lesson? I still have some pictures that are not currently backed up...
I hoep you can get the pics back - I would pay anything to have mine.
Why is it we never think about backing up until its too late? I haven't backed up my photos either, so I better concentrate on that this weekend.
A lesson for all of us. Thank you! But as with all 'tragedies' you still have memories even if the pics are gone. Hang in there. I'm hoping and praying for the best!
Oh no. I hope there's good news regarding this in a post above. I guess it should also make me go upload my Disney photos... Hope you are able to get your photos back.
Post a Comment