
I spent the day at a local farm's Pumpkin Festival with DS 4 and one of my nieces (Princess Piggie). She's visiting from Orlando this weekend and so we DS 2 was more than happy to pose as a scarecrow...the Princess doesn't "do scarecrows". Sooo...she sat this picture out. PLUS she had the map in hand and was focused on one thing, finding the petting area and thus...
PIGGIES! She absolutely adores pigs and has built quite a collection of her own. I'm fairly certain she'd have been a bit more excited if they were the cute "pink" variety, but the pot-bellied pigs seemed to make her happy as well. She and DS 4 enjoyed feeding the other animals in this area including goats, deer, llama, and donkeys!

After petting the animals and cleaning our hands, we went over to the games. These games were set up by local charitable organizations. The proceeds went to serve each charity. The kids won tickets then redeemed them later on (a la Chuck E. Cheese). 



After we played games, there were rock climbing walls and bungee jumps to tackle! Since the Princess recently had rock climbing fun at her older sister's birthday party, she opted for the bungee which she told me after the fact was a "bit high".
Then it was time for the Cornfield Maze. This is an overhead view of last year's maze...trust me, it was just as detailed this year. They showed us a picture before we went in...but it didn't help. Princess decided they really should have given us a map to follow while were lost in the see of maize.
I had to bribe the Princess to pose for my "Which Way do We Go?" picture below (just don't ask, Heather). After all, I think the bribe was worth it...don't they look cute?
There were many other activities from our day on the farm...but two of my favorite were the butterfly encounter:

I had to bribe the Princess to pose for my "Which Way do We Go?" picture below (just don't ask, Heather). After all, I think the bribe was worth it...don't they look cute?
There were many other activities from our day on the farm...but two of my favorite were the butterfly encounter:

And who could NOT love sitting and posing in the "Pumpkin Patch?" And so I'll let these two photos one taken by DS 4 and the other by the Princess of us playing in the pumpkins:




9 comments:
This looks like a fun day for all!!!
Have a great weekend!!
What a fun fall day! I'd take it, with all of its travel travails (Dad told on you :-) )over the icky, rainy, croupy day here. And I LOVED how she's doing the "Nations Tounge" in the pic with you...I'd love a copy.
Thanks for showing her such a lovely day.
Awwwww! Looks like you guys had a really GREAT (and sweaty) day! I bet it was HOT in that maze!!!
Too cute! You know how I love those fall festivals. We just got back from one at our church. We had to sell tickets and split our shift so one of us could be with Adam. He begged to climb the rock wall and, of course, he's way too small.
Hi Susan, your day at the fall pumpkin patch looked like fun...I spent the day in Atlanta watching my two teenage grands playing in a high school band performance and I love the loud music and the sounds of the drums and trumpets...Have a good day on Sunday. Baba
What fun....looks like a great time was had by all.
I totally forgot you mentioned to me about going when we were at you place last weekend. Looks like you all had fun, sorry we missed it....
C~
That was fun!! My daughter is now too cool for all that ; (
That looks like so much fun! That bungee jumping looks very exciting!
Post a Comment