our son tried playing soccer too but it was so cold outside in Illinois that we had to wrap up to watch him. Made it quite uncomfortable for us I remember..Have fun with them..time flies by so quickly....
Oh boy! I LOVE soccer! Both my boys played and both were REALLY GOOD! Of course, they're fun to watch even if they're NOT really good - but MORE fun when they ARE! LOL! Derek played goalie for several seasons - they called him "Froggy" cuz his hands were "sticky" like little ball magnets! NOTHIN' got past him! But he took WAY too much pressure upon himself. I remember one came where he left the field FURIOUS because a ball DID get past him. His team WON the game - but he got scored upon! He was WAY TOO mad! He retired from goalie after that season! He then played halfback.
Mathew always played halfback or center forward... I honestly thought he would play all the way through High School and maybe get college out of it. But he gave it up altogether when he discovered skateboarding... so sad...
I knOw you have FUN out there watchin' your boys!!! But I can't even IMAGINE how HOT it must be down there for those games! UGH!
Great shots! My girls like soccer, too...they don't play on team yet, however, but my youngest had a blast playing through the rec center when she was just three and four! :)
6 comments:
our son tried playing soccer too but it was so cold outside in Illinois that we had to wrap up to watch him. Made it quite uncomfortable for us I remember..Have fun with them..time flies by so quickly....
Oh boy! I LOVE soccer! Both my boys played and both were REALLY GOOD! Of course, they're fun to watch even if they're NOT really good - but MORE fun when they ARE! LOL! Derek played goalie for several seasons - they called him "Froggy" cuz his hands were "sticky" like little ball magnets! NOTHIN' got past him! But he took WAY too much pressure upon himself. I remember one came where he left the field FURIOUS because a ball DID get past him. His team WON the game - but he got scored upon! He was WAY TOO mad! He retired from goalie after that season! He then played halfback.
Mathew always played halfback or center forward... I honestly thought he would play all the way through High School and maybe get college out of it. But he gave it up altogether when he discovered skateboarding... so sad...
I knOw you have FUN out there watchin' your boys!!! But I can't even IMAGINE how HOT it must be down there for those games! UGH!
What a proud mom and amazing children!
Ah soccer season... :) My DD wants to start soccer in the Spring - then she will be "big" enough. :)
Gooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!
Great shots!
My girls like soccer, too...they don't play on team yet, however, but my youngest had a blast playing through the rec center when she was just three and four! :)
full motion - full action :)
Post a Comment