More Info About Me

Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend Window



What a busy busy weekend we had!! I was at our state's Reading Association Conference starting last Thursday. I presented twice with my friend and colleague, Mellissa. It's been a while since we've had a chance to work together. It was fun to be together again. We had two book signings on Saturday and an author breakfast on Sunday.

I realized once again that I am simply not as young as I used to be! We went to an event on Friday night that included music and dancing. This is kind of interesting when it's a bunch of Educators. They were giving air brush tattoos so I got one...I wanted to take a picture to share, but it's rubbed off now.

After we went to this event, we went to another event at a piano bar. I could sit and listen to music all night long...and let's just say that we tried to put that into practice! We were out with several teachers/publishers until almost 2am! I just can't do that anymore...especially when I have to get up the next morning.

I got home Sunday afternoon and spent time with DH and the Boys...but only AFTER I took a quick nap.

Today it was back to work.

DS 2 turned 18 today. He is out celebrating at Olive Garden with friends. They were so excited that the Never Ending Pasta Bowl was back. We'll celebrate later on this week as a family.

That's all from my homefront. Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

S...I would blame your "fatigue" on M!! Him having another birthday is what made you so tired...not you having had another one...right??!! Glad he's enjoying his big day.
LY..C

Anonymous said...

Piano Bar...that sounds fun. We have several around here, but hubby isn't big on live music and won't go. Happy Birthday to your son...we were at Olive Garden too. So I guess we were kind of celebrating together half a country apart.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your son! :o)

LOL, I don't think I could stay out until 2am, either ... and I'm almost 32. :o)

Hope your week is wonderful!

Ladybug Crossing said...

2am... ahh those were the days!!

I haven't seen 2am in quite a while - unless I was up to visit the bathroom and then head right back to my pillow.

Alise said...

I thought we got to give up staying up that late once the kids slept through the night!

The piano bar sounds fun. The closest one to us is almost 2 hours away, so sadly, we don't get to enjoy very often. But there is something about live music that just can't be beat.

Jill said...

Happy birthday to DS2! I am reminded daily that I am not as young as I used to be when I try to get up off the floor after playing with Adam.

Melli said...

AW! I missed DS 2's birthday! Happy belated! There seems to be a lot of "18" goin' around these days! LOL! Glad you had fun at the conference - but boy I sure know what ya mean about not being AS young as we used to be! Those late nights just are NOT happening anymore! ;)