More Info About Me

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

An Update from the Homefront...

Whew! I feel like I've been in a whirlwind of activity and haven't really had time to update my blog. I was going to do a Weekend Window yesterday since Monday was the holiday...but it didn't work out. Soooo I guess I'm going to do a Wednesday Window that can get everyone up to speed on our "happenings" here in our world.

Friday night, my friend Debra and I met with our Personal Trainer for the first time. We are going to do "2 on 1 sessions". I liked him very much until I told him that cardio should be part of our workout and he said, "We'll do some walking some days." I thought, "OK, a little treadmill...a little ellipticle...not bad." Almost mid-thought, he added, "We'll be walking OUTSIDE." Debra said, "In the Winter, right?" (It's HOT in Florida!) He laughed and replied, "No, we need to be 'out in the elements'." WHATEVER! After our orientation, we did an aerobics class with our friend, Bill from work. It was fun.

Saturday began the weekend's main activities, The Soccer Tournament. Both DS 2 and DS 4 participated. It was HOT HOT HOT! They each had 2 games on Saturday. It was nice for Uncle Dave and Aunt Heather and their cousins to attend. The boys love having an "audience". DS 2's U-18 team lost both their games, but DS 2 played very well. DS 4's team won one and lost one.

Sunday was back to the field for MORE games! We arrived at 11:20 for DS 2's game and heard thunder in the distance. The officials came around in the golf carts and told us that we must "all go to our cars". We sat in a rain delay (without rain) for one and a half hours!! Did I mention how HOT it was???? Anyway, DS 2's team lost again and DS 4's won.

Sunday evening we got to go to my in-laws house for more visit with Uncle Dave and Aunt Heather and the kids. It was a nice visit. I'll confess, though, when I fell into bed that night, I CRASHED! But, almost right as I nodded off to dreamland, DH came in and announced that DS 4's team made the wildcard in the playoffs at 8:15 AM on Monday (which means be a the field by 7:30). I'm sure I growled as I planned to wake up early and get him there.

DH flew out on Monday morning early. DSs 3, 4 and I headed off to the wet, HOT field. DS 4 played goalie the entire game against this team that had scored a total of 35 points in their three previous tournament games. He did an amazing job...especially since this weekend was his first "official" time in goal. Their team lost 3 - 1...but they played a fantastic game. It was worth getting up.

Monday afternoon, we headed up to Tampa to meet Gram as she returned from Ohio. It was nice to fall in the pool and cookout at my Dad's house. But the nicest thing of all is that DS 1 surprised us and showed up there after visiting a friend all weekend.

As I went to bed Monday night and headed into Tuesday, I found myself thinking about just how blessed I am!

I hope your Labor Day weekend was just as satisfying! Happy Wednesday.

11 comments:

Susan said...

I do not know how you keep up the pace you do!!!
Susan

Jane said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Ours was quiet. I had a terrible cold so I just laid around and coughed and sniffed!!!! But, I'm all better now!

Jill said...

Sounds like you have a busy soccer season ahead. For us, it's flag football. And my husband is coaching the 3rd grade team so we have 11 weeks of fun ahead!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have a lot going on! Good luck with your new exercise routine. Having a friend to enjoy it with certainly helps!

Ms. Kathleen said...

Whew! I got tired just reading that. A personal trainer! Now that would be awesome! Blessings!

Robin Green said...

WEll, that was a very busy weekend--filled with sports, huh? I'm not real crazy about exercising in the hot weather--I do it anyway--the sunshine really is good for you!

Anonymous said...

A personal trainer!!! I am sooooooo jealous!!!

Amy L Buitendyk said...

Just as busy as usual! Glad to get a quick glimps into how your life is going!

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy. But it sounds wonderful! Maybe one day you can do a post of soccer rules I should know. I know nothing about that game and it would be nice to know what was going on!

kt said...

A personal trainer...WOOHOO! :-D

Melli said...

LOL! I LOOOOOVE my kids soccer! None of mine play anymore -- but I am sO with ya on those fields! And yea - it was always worth gettin' up for and working ANY other important event AROUND the kids sports schedules! LOL! I'm GLAD you had such a great weekend -- Mine most definitely was too! (as you already know!)