Thirteen random things I am thinking today....1. I need to get DS 2 bedding for his new bed. He set it up and has been sleeping on it, but the bedding is not the right size.
2. DS 3 has been sick all week. He is planning to go flying on Saturday. I hope he feels better to do that. It's such a passion for him...and I hate to see him miss out on something he loves.
3. My exercise partner won't be able to attend our training session tonight, so DS 2 is going with me. That ought to be interesting.
4. Our school was selected as one of five "Schools of Distinction" for the Arts in the country. This is going to result in our kids performing on The Kennedy Center Stage in March. Since I am one of the people who worked on the application, then my boss says I get to go as a chaperone. I think that is SO exciting!!
5. Today is "Jump Start for Reading". This is a day when everyone tries to set a record by reading the same book. Today's book is, The Story of Ferdinand. If you have a child in your life, why not pick it up and read it? Or you can watch Matt Lauer read it on The Today Show.
6. I finally was able to hire someone to take care of my plant beds in my yard. I just don't have time to do it and besides, IT'S HOT!! He worked on them for the last couple of days and they look great.
7. DS 1 is getting closer to the date when he ships out for Basic Training. I think he is excited to go. I just want him to purge some more stuff before he does leave.
8. I need a "Pink Room"....not literally, but figuratively. I just want a room where I can watch "girl shows"...and do "girl things" (like scrapbook, read, write, etc.). There is SO MUCH testosterone in my house. They like to watch totally different things than I do. Sometimes I just dream of a "getaway room".
9. Speaking of shows, though, I enjoyed watching Kid Nation last night. It's an interesting concept. I'd love to see what would happen if they put the parents of these kids together.
10. And continuing in the TV theme...I couldn't believe The Biggest Loser the other night. It's quite amazing to watch what these people who are so out of shape can do...like run up 10 flights of stairs. I'm not picturing ME being able to do that and yet they did.
11. We have two soccer games this weekend (both DS 2's). It will be HOT at the fields, but I do love to watch him play.
12. He has had four separate college recruiters introduce themselves to him in the past month or so. It's nice to know that he's "noticeable" on the field.
13. DH is away this week. I am, therefore, "single" and missing him terribly. He is gone for the next four weeks and only home for a day or so in between each week.
Now those WERE totally random thoughts!!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
8 comments:
We watched Kid Nation last night, too. Athough, I really enjoyed it, something about the show made my heart so sad. A few of those kids seemed so pained to be there. They're kids and they should enjoy life. I don't know, it was just sad, in a way. That little Jimmy broke my heart. I was glad he went back home so his mom (and Dad, LOL) could tuck him in.
We're watching The Biggest Loser, as well. Those people amaze me. You can tell they *realy* want it! :o)
I love your idea of a pink room. I want one, LOL!!
Have fun working out with your son, LOL!
I missed biggest loser this week! I could not believe I missed it. I really enjoy that show but I guess I just got caught up on the fact that I was tired and had hit my head... lol
I would so hate it if My hubby were gone because it is just he and I but you keep really busy so that should make the time fly for you.
Our get together is coming very soon. sooner than you think really. Nice list!!
It's so nice to be just random every once in a while... oh look, kermit the frog... :)
sorry the link didn't work the other day. I think they caught on...
Great random thoughts! Sometimes it is good just to write them down.
I know it must be difficult to be without your DH. I hope the time passes as quickly as possible.
Hugs.
You can come and spend the day with me in my girl room any time!! Are you just on pins and needles about your son and basic training???
You so have testosterone overload...I recommend a Blogger Babe Retreat! Gotcha your boys prayed up and you too Sweet friend.
I'm so disappointed that I missed reading Ferdinand the other day. That book so reminds me of my older son. He's definitely a child who likes the pretty flowers under the cork tree!
We enjoyed Kid Nation too. I was thrilled that the kids were smart enough to choose outhouses over TV. Gives me at least some hope!
Post a Comment