I CAN'T do this..............................
Ever since I was little, I have had trouble putting my heel down when I walk. This has resulted in me NOT being able to keep my heel down for what looks like a SIMPLE exercise. Let me tell you the trainer was amazed yesterday that the FIRST thing was something I could not do. After he explored the issue (he's a nursing student...so I'm thinking some of the questioning was for his future employment), he said, "Well, you might be a squat flunkie, but we ARE going to do squats today." SO....off to the machines we went. Let me just tell you that my eyes about bugged out of my head when we went from holding 10 lb. weights and standing in front of the mirror to try this exercise to doing 50 lbs. on the machine! I was successful there...thank goodness.
As he promised last night, though, today I am doing the "Potty Walk" today...it's kind of that bent-over-I-can't-really-sit-OR-stand walk!
Last night I watched the end of The Biggest Loser and I have to say I was motivated by these people. It seems to me that these are some of the largest contestants yet. They are learning to turn their "I Can't" into "I Can". It's critical. And while I don't have quite the amount of weight to lose that some of these people do...I find the whole thing quite motivating.
Will I ever be able to squat without a machine? I don't know. BUT what I LOVE being pushed enough to realize my own potential.
And that's something most of us could use...we have to find the person or thing that pushes us forward and motivates us then we have to GO FOR IT with the "I CAN" spirit!!

12 comments:
Squat flunkie. There's a name I haven't heard before! Kids could turn that into a fun insult! lol!
Sorry, I don't mean to make fun of you. Just the terminology your fitness instructor chose! It's great that you're finding the motivation to keep on going! Motivation can be hard to come by, sometimes!
It is whatever motivates then go with it1! It is finding that one thing!! I think that CURVES has been my thing so far. i am so into going that it has became a habit with me. I like working there too so that helps a lot. Glad to hear that you seem to be enjoying this except for those squats...they hurt anyway!!
*doing her Pointer Sisters routine*
I know you can make it work
I know you can do it, yes you can!
You know you can can!
Yes you can can!
You GOOOOOOOOO girl!
Hi Susan, Your trainer sounds like my PT guy that works me out with my exercises post surgery... But it helps to go the extra mile.. it pays off in the end...I have had to do many squats and it can make your knees hurt!!!And you have not had knee surgery on yours....Keep up the good work.I only have 2 weeks left at PT and I will be finished. Baba
It sure does take dedication and I applaude you.....maybe a girls day out at a Spa to soothe those aching muscles is in the future!
C~
Good for you, Susan! You go, girl!
I ahve to say I really like your trainer. You should be glad you have one that pushes you a little...that's how you get results. I once (and only once!) had a trainer that charged $75 an hour and didn't even count my reps outloud. For $75 I want her counting for me. And, I told her so afterwards...I wanted her to be a little hard on me. Good luck! And do keep us posted!
Squats are hard... I don't care what age you are!
Keep up the good work... and feel the burn! ;~)
Glad to hear you went back and were able to find a way to do squats...
Another way to do squats is with the ball up against the wall.
I get motivated by watching The Biggest Loser as well! I love that show. I enjoyed this year the fact that they showed so many people from the years past who are still with their weight down!
It is possible and after this baby is born - I can get in shape!!!!
Keep up the good work!
I can't do it! Now when I was in Basic Training for the Army I was able to do just about everything...then after I got out it was all downhill after that. I know you can do it!! You have will and determination!!! I am proud of you.
Squat flunkie? Really. Another name to add to my list, too. I admire you for sticking with it, Susan.
You go girl....whatever motivates you. I am really proud of you for attempting something hard and continuing with it. (You butt will thank you in the end....pun intended!)
Post a Comment