More Info About Me

Friday, May 18, 2007

Update from Toron-TOE!

My toes are actually much better. They are sore for sure, but not nearly as black as they were on Monday. I've been resting them when I can...taking lots of Motrin...and swallowing my pride as I've made one tan pair of CROCS (see below) "go with" every outfit.

Aside from my toe....

We've toured Toronto in the rain. A publisher took us on a bus tour the other night and out for a lovely Italian dinner. We've learned that we are staying on the longest street in the world, Yonge Street (1200 miles long)! Isn't that amazing?

We've been up in the CN Tower...which is amazing. I can't wait to post my pictures.

Tonight we'll go to the theater. Toronto is one of the largest "theater" areas just beyond NYC.

We've been hot and cold. We've ridden in taxis, subways, and cable cars. The transportation system is amazing.

On top of all the things I've seen, I've also learned all the things you DO use that big toe for....

So...it's been a great trip. We'll be back home tomorrow and I PROMISE to catch up with all of your great blogs!!

12 comments:

samurai said...

I've always been a little jealous of those who travel - even if it's for work all the time.

I am glad to hear that you are recovering well. I may not fully appreciate the whole "tan crocs going with everything" (Hey, I'm a guy), but I'm glad they are comfortable.

Enjoy your time and the sights!

Sharon Bardwell said...

Sounds like you've had a facinating trip!

Am I getting too personal if I ask you what the purpose of the trip is? You've mentioned book signings and publishers and such. Is this for a book you have written or is this for a bookstore you work for or what (or is it none of my business...heehee)?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun...even with the accident. I can't wait to see your pictures. Travel safe!

Susan said...

Sounds like you've made the best of it and still managed to have a grand time. I am familiar with Yonge street- we traveled some on it and we toured the CN Tour. Anyone going to Toronto has to do that!!
Safe traveling home.
Susan

Anonymous said...

So glad you've had a great trip. I hope your trip home tomorrow will be a safe one. :o)

Glad that toe is feeling better ~ Loved your post title, LOL.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Even though it is fun to go places and to see new things I know that you are READY to get back home..Right? I bet your family is ready to have you home too!! Glad you found the right shoe for those broken toes!! I know how much they hurt. We take our feet and legs for granted until they start hurting...but everything thing is that way if you think about it. Take care and you will be home soon.
Sandy

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You sure are one positive lady! I'm glad you're doing well and that you did enjoy Torontoe.

Lazy Daisy said...

So glad your toes are better and that you were able to tour while there. Ugly shoes are not...be kind to your feet. Hurry home, you were missed. Gotcha all prayed up from here girlfriend.

Melli said...

Sounds like it's just been a wOnderful trip - despite the toes! Can't wait to see you skippin' around the blogosphere!

Momma Roar said...

I hope you had a safe trip home and I look forward to seeing your pictures. I've never been to Toronto - or anywhere in Canada for that matter!! :)

Tammy said...

Wow, it sounds like you're making the best of things and having a good time after all!
I missed hearing the purpose of the trip, too, if you mentioned it earlier! I'm intrigued! :)

And I just learned something...the longest street in the world is in Toronto! Very cool! :)

Connie Barris said...

You just be safe... and take lots of pictures...

blessings girlfriend

Connie