More Info About Me

Monday, May 14, 2007

If You Go to Toronto....

Watch out for the McSteps!!

This morning, we went to McDonalds to grab breakfast. After that, we headed out the door on our way to the subway to go to our first session. Little did I know that there would be a STEP down onto the street.

As if in slow motion, I fell right off the step! I felt my toes bend backwards in a very strange way.

Suffice it to say that I am fairly certain that two of my toes on my right foot are broken. They are BIG and BRUISED and SORE!

Sessions were good. New shoes are in my future...because I have no tennis shoes with me. The Toronto transportation system is awesome...they've saved my aching foot on more than one occasion...

There you have it...a summary of my first day away.

11 comments:

Susan said...

Oh NO!!!!! :o(
((hugs))
Susan

Heather said...

Egad! Take lots and lots of ibuprophen and elevate that foot. We'll be praying for a quick recovery.

Anonymous said...

Oh NO! I broke my pinky toe last fall, so I can sympathize! I couldn't get any shoes on at all. It's amazing how something so little matters so much! I hope you are better soon!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Susan, when I broke a toe the doctor said all I could do was to bandage it to the other toe to help keep it straight. I know the pain is awful. You might try soaking it in epsom salt too...that will relieve it some...Sandy

Anonymous said...

Oh No! You poor thing! I hope you're okay and that those toes feel better!!

samurai said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful (if a bit early) Mothers Day. \o/

And OUCH! Praying that it is nothing serious...

Baba said...

We never know ahead of time, what lies in our path.Hope your toes are better today. Baba

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness! I hope you heal up fast and that you find some cute shoes to cover up those sore toes! :)

Sharon Bardwell said...

I knew I was avoiding fast food for a good reason lately. ;-)

Praying for a quick and full healing of those toes!

Robin Green said...

So sorry, hope you heal quickly, and that you have a wonderful time.

Melli said...

Oh dear Susan! God bless you... and your poor little piggies too! I'm so sorry!