
"Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer/Those days of soda and
pretzels and beer/Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer/Youll wish
that summer could always be here!"
It's Summer and we're going to be BUSY again! Today's TT is about all the things we'll be doing...or have done already....(and in no particular order)
1. DS 3 got a kitten yesterday...so we'll be welcoming a new pet into our family. I forgot just how much little animals are like little babies. DS 3 figured it out last night when he woke up in the middle of the night for playtime! It took DS 3 a while, but here is the best photo he got in today's "Kitten Photoshoot". 2. SWIM...SWIM...SWIM! We are so lucky because our YMCA has a Waterpark. I took DS 4 the other day and read half a book while he played in the water.
3. DSs 1 - 3 and DH are going to get SCUBA certified and we will be going to the Keys for their checkout dives (with my cousin Lynn and her family).
4. Scalloping...It will soon be time to head back to Homosassa for our annual scalloping outing. Last year didn't produce many (if any) scallops. Hopefully this year will be different. Even if the scallops are scarce, it's a great week to spend out on the boat with family.
5. Driving to Ohio. I'm going to take DSs 3 and 4 to Ohio after we go to the Keys. It will be fun to Caravan back with my Cousin and her family. (For all my blogging friends who live on the I-75 corridor between Florida and Ohio...perhaps we can meet somewhere on either end of the trip.)
6. Working...I still have books to write and teacher's guides to finish. I work about ten days at my school interviewing, making classes for next year, etc. So the entire Summer will not be lazy.
7. Reading...I have plenty of books waiting to be read. I'm trying to balance fiction with nonfiction. Right now I'm reading nonfiction education books and then I'm headed into Wicked by Gregory Maguire and a couple of Nicholas Sparks books.
8. Workshops...I have two workshops to do in August. This is actually a bit quieter than normal for me. I'm glad.
9. Celebrate our 20th Anniversary. I'm not sure what we'll do...but DH and I are celebrating 20 years together. I'll be glad to just get away together.
10. Movie-watching...I have several Summer box office hits I'd like to see. I started by taking DSs 3 and 4 to see Shrek the Third the other day. I have some I'd also like to rent and watch here at home.
11. Visiting family and friends...I have some serious catching up that needs to be done in this area. It's my intention to do so.
12. Scrapbooking...I have so much to do. I don't make time like I used to for this...Someday I hope to have a room dedicated to it so that I can leave it out and scrap when I can...but for now, I need to make some intentional time to work on my books.
13. Writing weekend...My friend Sandy and I are going to be writing a new professional book for teachers. We have to plan time to get away to write...it's the best way to do it and get it done with minimal distractions. I also have one that I am reviewing and adding to with Suzi...so a little intentional writing time is in order.
15 comments:
Sounds like you are going to have a fun and busy summer! I am so thankful for our Y pool as well! We spend hours playing there. Have a great evening!
Hi Susan - Thanks for you comment. I'm adding you to our Kaleidoscope as Servant!!! I appreciate you and your part and place VERY much. I think you know that!!!
((hugs))
Susan
Sounds like wonderful plans for a fun summer! The kitty is a cutie!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Great 13, Susan! :)
(I keep thinking one of these weeks, I'm actually going to participate in Thursday 13!)
Please forgive me when I say that I somehow forgot you were an author! I knew that, I think...but kept thinking of the teacher part. How wonderful that you can get away and work on that book with your friend!
My dream is to finally finish writing something that I start...besides posts, that is! ;)
How great that you will be celebrating your 20th anniversary this summer!
Have a great week, Susan!
What a great TT post. You're going to have such a fun filled summer. You deserve it!
Great job on the kitten, J...now for a name!!??
Whew..I'm tired from just reading your list S...but sure sounds like fun! When do you REALLY take a vacation?!
LY...C
I didn't know there was such a thing as "scalloping" - believe it or not! I guess I just thought they somehow magically appeared on my plate when I go to seafood restaurants! Heh! :)
Sounds like you're going to have a fabulous summer, Susan, and I'm so glad for you! Enjoy every minute!
Boy, you are one BUSY woman. You make me tired reading this!! Sounds like a lot of fun, woven in with the work, at least. Wish I was on the I-95 and could meet you :o(
Susan
Hi Susan, What a fun filled summer you have planned.Thanks for visiting my blog.The picture of the waterfall is in the Animal Kingdom...Your new kitty is cute and I love cats; but can't have one with my three birds.I will be having my double knee replacements on Monday.Will try to blog , when I can . Baba
Sounds like a great summer planned. We are having a great time with our daughter, SIL, and baby Emma. We are hoping to get a family picture with everyone this next week.
I apologize...I only got as far as scalloping...I will go back and read the rest...after I comment...I promise...YOU MUST EMAIL ME when you figure out when you are headed up here!!! We would love to join you on the river!!!!!! If not on the river....then at least on shore ;) Okay...back to reading...don't forget to let me know when you are headed up here!!!!
Wow- sounds like a busy and fun-filled summer. I hope to step-up my reading this summer, too. Summer always seems to go too quickly.
Wow - it's already June!
I hope you have a nice quiet and enjoyable summer....
Congratulations on the kitten. :)
That kitten is wicked cute! Brings back memories of when our Tele was so tiny. Now she is six pounds of fury!
Reading your list makes me homesick for Florida. Scallops are icky and expensive out here, and the Keys... {sigh}
Have a great weekend!
It is SO HARD to find time to scrapbook! A few weeks ago I played hooky from our weekly small-group bible study so that I could work on my book! I was in desperate need of some quality me-time! :)
Post a Comment