More Info About Me

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday Thirteen *Updated With Jungle Photos*


Thirteen Things about SUSAN'S WEEK


1. I had conflict with a coworker that I had to confront---YUCK!


2. I had to convince "my leaf" that he IS important and that he will be the BEST leaf in the jungle! (The photo on the left shows my Principal (the bear) with several of the kids. You can see the magnitude of this production. DS 4 is on the top riser in the photo below right standing center just left of the sun)

3. I agreed to start the May Day Challenge and I really haven't done anything to SHOW that I started it so far--we're only two days in and I know there's still time.

4. I received the cutest bag from Stacy's Purse Party. It was so fun!! And I love the bag I got.

5. The painting started on my house. It will be SO NICE to be freshened up both inside and out!!

6. DS 4 lost all of his socks---just don't ask---so I had to rush to WalMart this morning on the way to work to assure that he'd have socks to wear.

7. I'm trying to get ready to go to Toronto next week. Has anyone been there? Should I exchange for Canadian money???

8. I have a presentation while in Toronto that I am only semi-ready for!! (This is par for my course...so I know it'll be fine.)

9. I realized that I have several friends that I haven't talked to in a long time....they've fallen to the bottom of my huge list and I am ashamed of that.

10. I DID get to scrapbook Saturday. It was refreshing and such a great feeling! I need to do that more.

11. My computer at work is broken, so I can't check books in. There are hundreds of books just stacked in my office that have to wait. It's driving me CRAZY!!

12. We still don't know exactly what and when we are doing our Summer vacation. The boys want to learn to Scuba dive now.

13. I've missed being a regular blog visitor. I truly find it's like a dose of "feel good" to visit all my blogging friends before the day ends. It challenges me. It makes me laugh. It makes me cry (sometimes). But it's good.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scuba diving sounds like fun! I'm just not adventurous at all, your boys sound like heaps of fun!

I'm with you on #9 - life gets so busy sometimes and we lose touch with people we don't mean to lose touch with! I've got at least 5 people I can think of off the top of my head who I need to call and/or go see.

Have a great Thursday, Susan! :)

Anonymous said...

All of his socks were lost, LOL ... I can only imagine! :o) Hope your little guy is feeling better about being a leaf!

Susan said...

Susan - I know how busy you are but I hope you'll drop by my site and see what God is doing!!! I know you'll fit right into this.

((hugs))
Susan

The Bass Player's Wife said...

Ok, #6 has just made my day. Too funny! (My husband came out of the bedroom this morning asking me where all his underwear went.)

Jill said...

The play looks wonderful and I'm sure your leaf gave it his all. And the sock thing just cracked me up. You really need to tell us the whole story. hee-hee

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed the photos!!! I pray that your trip and presentation in Toronto go well...it has been decades since I have been so I can't be of any help there.I know what you mean about 'visiting' out here in the blogosphere...it is so relaxing for me....like sitting down for a glass of sun tea with a friend on the front porch ;)

Momma Roar said...

We just had to buy socks for my oldest this morning - his toes keep popping out of them!!! haa

I hope you can enjoy a great weekend!

Connie Barris said...

I keep forgetting to do this on Thursday... I have got to catch onto this...

OK.. I have a son, no explanation on the sock thing....

I scuba dive.. it's awesome.. You do have to be 12...I couldn't remember the age of your boys....

Still love the whole leaf story

blessings
Connie

Tammy said...

I loved getting caught up with you a bit, Susan! You sound even busier than I am!
Nice to know I'm not the only one on the planet having to deal with a confrontation recently...(mine's not completely over- it's sort of "hanging"...)
That's too funny about the socks...we seem to have tons of socks but finding them to match is another thing! ;)

Anonymous said...

I bet your "leaf" has more Fans than any other "leaf" up there!! :) Thanks for sharing some photos.

You have to post the story of how DS4 lost all of his socks. Just thinking about it makes me laugh...

Glad you like your purse! Kim does a wonderful job. :)

Jane said...

Susan, this is a great list. Your DS4 made an aDORable leaf! Both of you should be very proud.
I know what you mean about friends. It is important to keep those relationships nurtured and I am as guilty as anyone about neglecting them sometimes.

Myrna said...

A good TT13--Your welcome to come over and read mine. Love your pictures! As a retired (one year) principal I love seeing anything school--miss those kids!

I'm glad I found your site--I'll be back.

Myrna said...

I obviously didn't proofread very well. You're--not your

Melli said...

That was SOME elaborate SET for that play! WONDERFUL! I hope DS4 had more fun being the leaf than he thought he would... and I hope he took sOMething good away from the experience!

When you LIVE in Florida, where DO you go on vacation? LOL! I guess not to the mountains if the boys wanna scuba dive!