More Info About Me

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Thinking Out Loud....

Here are just some random thoughts, since I am bit brain, dead:

  • Today begins retention meetings at my school. In my state, you can be retained up to t times before the end of third grade if you don't make the right score on our state tests. So we start to look at kids in K and 1 and make suggestions regarding retention. It's hard.
  • My wonderful DH is out of town again this week. When I came home from Ohio, he had worked so hard to have things done around here. It meant a lot to me.
  • DS 2 went to the prom the other night with THREE girls. He is on the Senior Board for next year and the board went to help out this year's seniors.
  • I have to get ready for Toronto in two weeks. I am speaking there and haven't done the presentation! It's really not out of the norm for me...I usually let it marinate in my head first.
  • I am so excited for Sunday. We are going to go to a local ministry for homeless and poor and serve with our church. Ever since reading "Same Kind of Different as Me", my heartstrings have been tugged.
  • Some days I feel like I just "go through the motions" necessary to get from morning to night. Yesterday was one of those days as I drove back and forth to meetings at school and at our district office.
  • DS 3 had his Orchestra concert last night. He did a great job. He was excited because the director gave him a brand new bow to play his bass.
  • DS 4 is practicing for "The Jungle Book" next week. He is a monkey. Our principal is Baloo. DS 4 told me that Mr. D. had to tell him to stop talking yesterday....I said, "Did that remind you to stop?" He said, "Yep. That put it in my head so I'd remember." You think?
  • I'm going to National Scrapbook Day this Saturday and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Well, that pretty much sums up the thoughts in my head today. Have a good one.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Busy life and lots of irons in the fire!!! Busy people are happy people :o) Enjoy it all!!

Melli said...

Whoooo ... you're wearin' me out girlfriend! I know what ya mean about going through the motions... a lot of days are like that really! At least we THINK they are! Might be when we get to Heaven we'll find out that during some of those seemingly hum drum days we were touching more lives than we knew! Could be.

Sounds like Sunday will NOT be one of those days! I would be excited too! And then the Scrapbook Day too -- wow! Your weekend is FULL! Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with your end of school tasks. I know it can be stressful taking care of everything, and I know retentions can be so tough! I will be thinking of you!

Jane said...

I know you are exhausted. Not only did you have a long trip, which is tiring, but you had a death in the family which is draining in so many ways.
I hope you can get a little rest in between all the things you have to get done.
Blessings on you and your dear family!

samurai said...

Life always feels disjointed when just getting back from being away - for any reason.

May the 'normal' quickly resume. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful I don't have my business anymore...the workshops where I was paid to do presentations always frazzled me...up until the minute I go 'onstage'...then it was all good. Hope you get to see some of Canada while you are up there!!! Well, although there are no local Happy Scrapping Day celebrations going on here...I am happy to announce that I have completed over half of my daughter's age 10 album in just the past week...yep, the week I didn't blog much ;)Thinking of you with much jealousy this Sat! Enjoy!!!

Sharon Bardwell said...

"Same Kind Of Different As Me" is such a FAB-U-LOUS book. Thank you so much for turning me to that book. Most of it takes place not too far from where I live.

Be careful when you go...don't be guilty of catching and releasing. Be prepared to be changed. I'll be praying...let us know all about it.

You know once you know a story like that so many other things like blogging, scrapbooking, watching ball games, all seem so trivial. I'm not saying we shouldn't do those things...I'm going to the Rangers-Yankees game tonight myself...I'm just saying that this book helps you know what's really important. Those that live in shotgun shacks often have more than those that live in mansions.

Connie Barris said...

You are such a blessing to so many people...
Or should I say your marinate rubs off on others!!

I will be praying for you over the weeks that you may reach out to others as God would have you to.

Girl, you amaze me....

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Susan, You are in a busy busy world right now!! With children it is always that way but it sounds like your job is also busy. I am glad though that you are taking time for yourself this weekend...Take care..Sandy

Tammy said...

This sounds like some of the weeks I have, too! Not all of them, but some! ;)
How sweet that your husband worked so hard around the house...
And three girls to the prom? Wow...sounds like you have a true Ladies'Man! ;)
Blessings!