More Info About Me

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Tuesday

(Scroll down for Wordless Wednesday)
I was so touched when Tammy over at Family Doinsnominated me for this award! I met Tammy through the Ultimate Blog Party. This award is given to those bloggers who put "thought and heart" into their posts. So...the award suggests that you in turn nominate five bloggers to receive it. I agree with Tammy, it's hard to narrow down to only five, but here goes:

1. My "oldest" cyber-friendand dear blogging buddy , Mary who has just recently re-entered the blogging world more regularly. Mary always has great things to share about her faith journey. I've grown to love and respect her as I read her posts.


2. I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge my blogging friend, Melli for her post on Palm Sunday. She's just rejoining church and it's such a blessing to read each and every post about her authentic journey of faith. Maybe it's "cheating" to put two next to one number, but Sandy over at Flip Flop Floozie also continues to share her heart and mind each time she posts. She is unashamed of her faith and regularly testifies to God's work in her life.

3. My Sister-in-law, Heather continues to write amazing posts as she chronicles her battle with cancer. Although her posts aren't as frequent as they once were (for good reason), they are often reflective and testify to her faith in God.

4. Danielle, at The BiPolar Diaries has some very thoughtful and insightful posts. I am glad to have acquainted myself with this Florida blogging neighbor! As I've noted she's really made me rethink my attitude about the world in which I live.

5. Lauren at Baseballs and Bows. I met Lauren during the Ultimate Blog Party and have loved visiting her place ever since. She's very candid. I was struck by this post where she openly shared her fears. There are several others over there as well that are just nuggets of blessings!

OK, for other "Thoughtful Bloggers" just look over at my blogroll. There are many many people in there who are quite qualified for such an honor. Thank you to each of you for enriching my life via this crazy little "tool" called The Internet! I am blessed!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Thanks Susan! That was very thoughtful and sweet of you. I am so glad we met at the party, and I enjoy visiting you as well! THANKS!

Mary Jo said...

Awww. . . that's so sweet. Thank you for nominating me Susan. ;o)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Nominated for a blogging award!! WOW!! Never in my wildest imaginations or dreams would I expect that!! Thanks Susan...I thank you for the thought!! It was wonderful!!!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Yay, Congrats on your nomination! You so totally deserve it!

Anonymous said...

What a surprise!!! Thank you for your thoughtfulness and your very kind words!! I enjoy your visits and deeply appreciate the time you take to leave very meaningful and personal comments....when I left my front porch from The Whippoorwill Chronicles it was with the intent to bring meaning and substance into my daily writings and visits in the blogosphere..so the BiPolar Diaries came about and is still evolving...your blessing has brought me much encouragement. Thank you. I noticed that you are reading Dear John...I will have to scout out my thrift shop copy as I just finished Plum Lovin' last night and need a new read...always so much to choose from ;)I hope to get to post about your kindness this evening...is American Idol on? (giggle)

Melli said...

Oh my GOSH! You have gotta be kidding me! *GASP* I am SO honored! Susan! I never "think" -- how can I be honored with a "Thinking Blogger" award??? Oh gosh - and look -- I didn't even show up to find out about it until 5 days later! *guilt trip!* Awwwwwwwww.... THANK YOU!!! I will take care of this as soon as I can - which may not be until Monday because I am SUPPOSED to be cooking and cleaning!

I did want you to come over and read about the Tenebrae service we had at church last night though... it was AWESOME!