What is it about our world that makes it so frenzied? Did our Mothers sense the same overwhelmed feeling when we were growing up? How about their mothers before them? I am sure there was a "busy-ness" and "hustle bustle" that came naturally with the season and preparing for it...but I also think it's more complex now.
Remember when you could only shop 6 days a week? And remember when the shops ALL closed at night (no 24 hour stuff)? Remember when families really stayed at home in the evenings and watched Cronkite with or after dinner? Remember when sitting at a table didn't seem like an "event"?
There are so many things I wouldn't trade about my life. I love my boys. I love their activities. I love my job and all the activity it brings. One moment to just sit and reflect, though, it seems priceless to me. One quiet moment to breathe and enjoy everything and everyone.
I had a bit of that yesterday as my family took the day to go to the ICE! exhibit at The Gaylord Palms hotel.
The "ice" part wasn't quite as big as I expected, but we made a day of it and enjoyed each other's company. Here are some of our pictures:
View Show Create Your OwnI'd say "THIS is what the season is all about, Charlie Brown!" I'll be back soon!
6 comments:
Susan,
I couldn't get the pics to open.
Dad
S..the pictures opened fine on the laptop. I think that desktop is about had it!! That's why I'm on the lap! Anyway, the pictures came out great. Glad to hear all had a good time. Everybody but Greg was sleeping when they got here so we didn't get much in the way of updates! You mentioned the hustle and needing a moment...I think that's the biggest problem with this time of they year...there are very few moments to take the time to enjoy...so we really have to make the best of them when they occur. Now, you will tell me WHEN...right!! :-)
LY...C
Hello so nice to see you back...You have been busy just like everyone else that has kids and is really enjoying this time of the year. have a blessed Christmas Susan...Sandy
Hi! Thanks for stopping by my place in the midst of your hustle and bustle. :)
I, too, have had very little time for blog reading these days. :(
And I do think the world is a more complex place now than ever before. I think it is literally speeding up. Not that time just seems to be flying by, but that it really is...the whole "birth pain" thing and the Rapture and all of that. Anyhoo...
I'll email you the graphic for the Mercy Drop. Kari at HealedWaters.com sent that to me. :)
ENJOY CHRISTMAS!
Great pictures. Yellowrose just came from there too!!! Imagine that.
What FUN! I've missed you, thanks for checking in. lol
Post a Comment