More Info About Me

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursday Thirteen # 35

Thirteen Random Things that SUSAN has done (or thought) this week:
1. I have SO MUCH shopping to do before Christmas! I have bits and pieces done, but it is only bits and pieces.
2. I planned my "holiday" gift for the teachers in my school. I am "giving" them 30 minutes away from their classroom while I go in and teach a lesson. I think I am going to give them cookies and hot chocolate when I go in.
3. We went to the Italian buffet for DH's birthday. As I said earlier, he doesn't like to make a big deal about it...but my DSs do...especially #4. #4 "played" Happy Birthday on the piano and revealed his gift from the bench...toooo cute!!! I think DH appreciated it. DS 2 sent a nice text message from his soccer game...another gesture that I think touched DH.
4. I met a friend for dinner last night. It felt like forever since we have just sat and talked. I love these types of "get togethers".
5. I am supposed to have a Pampered Chef party on Dec. 11th. Once again, I am reminded that I can't do it all...so I think I am going to cancel it.
6. I REALLY want to get my Christmas decorations up...I have the BUG this year!! There are 27 boxes of decorations in my attic that the boys will have to get out for me.
7. I DO like it when DH is here during the week.
8. I also like the fact that, in a few weeks, consulting will be his only job. Doing 2+ is just too much.
9. DS 2 is cleared to play for soccer again. He starts at the varsity game tonight.
10. Next week is going to be CRAZY...we have something going on EVERY NIGHT!!!
11. I am looking forward to the holiday break from school. I need it to rest. (Who am I kidding? It really doesn't bring THAT much rest.)
12. I am behind on writing again. This is an example of "extra" jobs that I need to balance better or reconsider.
13. DS 1 asked me last night if "they" give us TT topics or how we get them. I told him that we pick them ourselves. Today, I kind of wished that suggested topics were posted somewhere.
;-)
Happy Thursday, everyone!!

13 comments:

samurai said...

Happy Thursday back at ya! :)

Jane said...

Boy, you have a lot to accomplish. I wish I was there, I could help you. Just prioritize and do the most important things and let the lesser things slide....Bless your heart.

Ladybug Crossing said...

Wow - and you thought I was busy! Hah! One step at a time... one foot in front of the other... it will all get done - maybe!

LBC

Mary Jo said...

27 boxes of decorations? Are you kidding me? Gosh - I thought I was bad with my 2 big bins!

Sounds like someone needs to take the advice they gave me and slow down a bit - ya know?

Prayng for you and hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful week with lots going on!
Glad your husband had a great Birthday!
I like it when my husbands home too! It's so nice to be able to spend some quality time with him!!

Have a great Thursday!

Ingrid said...

That was quite a lot to do ! A little christmas shopping and some preparations more and you are done. I am lucky this year, we are going on holidays over Christmas and New Year so I have nothing to do !

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my TT! I love your list, makes me feel like I'm not the only busy one!

I also love your blog...I'm so jealous that you were able to make it look so awesome. I hate just using a blogger template, but I'm not sure how to do anything else!

Have a great weekend!

Smurf said...

Happy TT! Great list! Seems like we have a lot to do lately.

MaR said...

27 boxes of Xmas decorations??? WOW! it seems you will be very busy decorating your home, happy TT!

Norma said...

Although I've never bought pampered chef products, I love eating in the homes that use them! Yum!

Thanks for visiting my TT.

Lynn said...

Thanks Susan...I borrowed your topic;-) Sounds like it was a good but busy week. Please do take some time for yourself over Christmas break. My kids think you should all come north for Christmas, or maybe it was spring break....but you get the idea;-)

Caylynn said...

27 Boxes!?! That's a LOT of Christmas Decorations! Have fun putting them all up. :) I have to finish my Christmas shopping too.

Have a good day. :)

Caylynn & Dragonheart
http://caylynn.blogspot.com
http://dragonheartsdomain.blogspot.com

samurai said...

I was just wondering... how do you get those Bible verses on your page?