More Info About Me

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Do you know...

that feeling of being alone,a bit unnerved, kind of blue, and being on the verge of a pity party...and then suddenly feeling like all is right in the world because a loved one comes home by surprise and suddenly security, peace, and comfort fills the room?

I DO! DH came home EARLY last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE that man!!!
DH is in the middle of a lot of travel right now. He is coming home on Fridays, leaving on Sunday afternoon and out for the week. I love it that he is able to do this. But I miss him when he's gone. Last night, I was expecting him at midnight...and when I pulled in from dropping DS 3 off at the church retreat, DS 4 shouted, "DAD'S HOME!" It took me a minute to believe it...but sure enough he was. What a GREAT surprise and a blessing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the best surprises!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

So glad he is home if just for a little bit of time!! What a great surprise!! Sandy

Anonymous said...

S...You certainly deserved that surprise after the week you (and the rest of us) have had. I know it's been hard with all the driving and running but want you to know that Dad & I both appreciated having you and the rest of the family here. As you can see I'm just catching up on your blog, which I don't like to let get behind. Things are still not normal cause Dad has a ways to go to full recovery, but at least he's home and working on it. My thanks to the blogging community as well for their prayers and support. I too think it's all made a difference.
Having Dan home has been a big boost for us as well.
Love you all and thanks again...C

Melli said...

I am quite positive (having raised 4 kids) that with the crew you've got there, you appreciate any and ALL time he can be home with you! And sometimes it's not so much a matter of having them here to "help us out" as it is just having them "here" ... just for the commeraderie and support! That WAS a lovely surprise!