As was probably true in many churches today, DH preached about being thankful and remembering our blessings. A couple of weeks ago, he mentioned that everyone should write down all the blessings they can remember. He suggested that when we are negative, blue, sad, whatever, that we should pull out that list and see the blessings...and we probably won't feel so sad, negative, or blue. Today, he said it again.
Immediately, my mind went to the hymn that we used to sing in church when I was little,
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your blessings
See what God has done.
It's a good idea. We forget so often to stop and see the blessings that are around us everyday. In fact, I think we often take them for granted.
May we all take the time this week to count our blessings and be thankful for each and every one.
1 comment:
S...I remember singing that hymn as well. And my prayers always begin with thanks for my many blessing...cause I have a ton of them!! I like DH's idea too of writing them down..mine are kept on my mental note pad. Missed your couple of days with blogs! Thought maybe you had gone out of town.
LY...C
Post a Comment