He dropped a line last night and caught a fish. He made sure to tell me that it was a catfish and his was 18" while his bigger brother's was only 14". He also made sure that I understood that he picked up the pole again at "2:27 today and there were no fish out at that time." But, he's hopeful that things will change around 4:00 and they'll come around again.
It's all in the details, you know?
I learned some things from him today.
- Size matters when you're six-years-old. (For that matter, it matters when you're 40!)
- Success one time doesn't mean you'll have success in subsequent attempts.
- We have to trust that things might be different at a later time and date and have the faith to try then.
And, I suppose the biggest lesson of all:
- NEVER fish at 2:27!
Have fun, son!!!
2 comments:
Sooz,
I can so hear son #4 in this...and let me tell you again how much we delighted in spending time with him (and with all the boys)...you and Don have blazed an amazing trail that I'm hoping to lean into to navigate our journey with "tweens" and teens! It's no surprise that your talent for writing spills over so easily into blogging. I'm glad to have been able to lead the way in something in our ambitious family (unless one of my nephews beat me to it....).
Love,
Heather
Thanks, Heather. It's amazing watching all of the kids grow...and we appreciate you taking the time to come and visit, too.
Post a Comment