Last night I heard the Rascal Flats song "I'm Moving On" for the first time. It was accompanied by a little devotional type book with many thought-provoking passages in it. One I was especially moved by is letting the past be in the past, giving (and asking for) forgiveness and moving on!!
It's hard, isn't it? The author points out that it's easier for us to ASK for forgiveness and say we're sorry than it is for us to offer forgiveness to those who have wronged us. We hold grudges. We have memories that won't let go. OUCH!! That stuff hurts.
I asked the Lord today to help me clean out my grudge closet. I want Him to help me see those people that I have hurt or caused to stumble. I hope that they can forgive me.
But I also want to be sure and not hold grudges for those people that I think should be asking ME for forgiveness. You know, the ones that OWE me an apology. They don't owe me anything, really. I, however, owe them love, non-judgement, and compassion.
May it be so today....Lord!!
No comments:
Post a Comment