More Info About Me

Monday, July 04, 2005

Independence Day

My family is taking this very seriously today. In other words, everyone seems to be doing their own thing! Son's 1, 3, and 4 are still scalloping and fishing with family at the river. Son 2 is going with a friend to swim a mile across the Peace River---a 4th of July tradition in a small town near us. And dh and I? We are here enjoying the peace and quiet for a while. I think I might run some much needed errands and relax (if I can remember how!)

Three of the boys will return later this afternoon. Perhaps we will find time to go see some fireworks somewhere. For those of you who know me, this is always a chore because the noise bothers my ears. I have to find a place where I can see them but not hear them. Or I sit in the car and watch them. Whatever happens, I DO enjoy them.

One thing is for certain...I am glad that we live in a country where we can be independent and have the freedom to make choices each and every day.

God Bless America...Happy Fourth everyone!!

2 comments:

kt said...

I can't stand the sounds either, they hurt my chest even! BUt I looooove them fire-work shows! :)

(from TGW board)

Susan said...

I think we found the perfect spot to watch them...we could see them perfectly from our local Starbucks...and there was minimal crowd (and noise). It was GREAT.