More Info About Me

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Where Have I Been?

A few days ago, DS 3 leaned over the couch to me and revealed his laptop. On its screen was my blog. He said, "Let me introduce you to this blog. It's called 'Learning for Lifetime'." To say I bowed my head in shame would be a bit strong....but inside I was churning.

Why haven't I blogged? Life's been a bit hard lately. I feel a bit guilty saying that knowing what people are dealing with in Haiti and in other parts of the world. Cause really my life is quite easy by comparison. I have a great marriage. I have great kids. I have a great job. And most important, I belong to a great God. Still, with all that perspective there have been moments that have been hard. And I haven't wanted to blog.

I thought about it after DS 3's nudge and here's the bottom line. The difficulty doesn't include just me. There are many people that read this blog that know me in real life. I considered protecting my blog so I could really "let it out" with my words. Then I wondered who would that benefit? And the answer was really no one.

I don't want to hide this season in my life...I simply want to protect it. Thus, no words have come.

Until today.

I know I don't have to give a play-by-play of my life to anyone here. I know that I can also say, "life is hard...but God is good." and leave it there. I know that there ARE wonderful things to blog about even in the midst of trials. And I know that somehow blogging is therapeutic for me.

So here I am. It's weird this stopping and starting. You wonder if anyone will notice. I mean shoot one of the joys of blogging is the give and take. It's visiting bloggers and it's people visiting your blog. While I hope there will still be readers, it's really NOT for the readers at all. It's for me. It's for the DS 3's in my world. It's a glimpse into who I am and what I do. Yet I hesitated for weeks to write. Still, each day a small voice inside me (that does not belong to DS 3 or anyone else in my day-to-day world) says "Blog! It's good for you!"

Sooo...here I am. Ready to take a chance again. Ready to discover what this next chapter will bring. Ready to blog....


11 comments:

Susan said...

Glad you are and sorry you're going through a hard time. It's trite to say, but remember it's those hard times, we all have to go through, that refine us into what HIS goal for our lives are.

Melli said...

The hard times bring us closer to Him, and make us appreciate the good times all the more. You have been missed! I'm glad you're back!

Katie said...

Blogging is therapeutic. I too had something happening in my life that I wanted to scream from the top of my lungs but in fear of ruining relationships with those involved, I kept it to myself. Not sure what has troubled you lately, but as a Christian woman, I know you will get through this and be stronger than before! Big hugs.

Catherine said...

The tough times really can drain you. Know that there are friends here who say "welcome back!" and let the therapy begin!

Hugs,
Catherine

Baba said...

Good morning Susan, you have been missed by your friends..blogging does take up much of our time, but we love you and want you and your family in our life... hugs, Baba

Ladybug Crossing said...

Better to be safe than sorry. People who protect their blogs find that other people print their words and hand them out to others so your private thoughts become public fodder.
I know this... My rant blog became public fodder because one person thought that it would be great to share it with my boss and her boss... lovely. Fortunately, there was nothing really bad on there, just that I was upset.
So much for anonymity as well - in my case I got outed by someone who was mean and vindictive. But, since my LBC has nothing on it, it's all good.
Just be careful...
xoxo
LBC

Pam said...

I know what you mean. I haven't blogged much this week. Life has just been busy and rough. And I just don't feel like 'going there'. So my blog sits idle for a few moments. But it's ok. For you and for me. The words will come when it's time. They always do.

Mary Jo said...

Sorry things have been so crappy. :( ((Hugs)) I'm glad you're back. You were missed. A lot.

Cindy Bultema said...

...and we are ready to listen, encourage, and be a voice of Truth for you. Glad to have you back!
May the Lord fill you with His peace and His joy in ever-increasing measure!
Warmly,
Cindy :)

Carmen said...

Welcome back! I don't blog regularly either...just when I get a chance and have something to say. I try not to sweat it too much, but sometimes I have to give myself a good talking to and get back at it. I think Christmas takes it out of us, you know...we need time to get back on track.

Anonymous said...

Missed you...welcome back...you will get through this season!
Marilyn