This morning, I was walking through the halls to do my "rounds"...making sure everyone was where they needed to go. This darling little girl with pigtails and beads all over her head was "late". So, I told her to come with me to get a late slip in the office.
She said, "Is we going to play games?" I said, "No, we're just going to go tell the office you're here and then you get to go to class to play." She said, "OK."
I asked her name and she replied, "T____ B____." Because her name sounded familiar to me, I said, "Do you have a sister?" She asked, "A bigger one?" I said, "Yes." She replied, "Yeah." I said, "What's your sister's name?"
She hesitated. She stopped. She put her finger on her head like she was thinking hard.
I was thinking, "Good night, SURELY she knows her sister's name!?!?!" She finally said, "I can't remember her name, but she sits next to me every Sunday in church!"
I finally figured it out...she doesn't have a "sister" as in a human relative, but in her church they call all the ladies, "Sister so-and-so". I have to say it gave me a chuckle!
After we got her late slip, she said, "Are we all done?" I said, "Yes, we're done." She said, "Whew! I thought I was going to get a SHOT!"
I really wanted to reply, "No way, Sister!"
4 comments:
ROFL! That is so cute! I can not even IMAGINE the stories they are getting from Luz! I'm not sure I wanna know.... LOL!
Mouths of babes, indeed! Talk to you later, Sister!
Hi Susan, I was in Atlanta last week and it was so exciting to see my six year old granddaughter catching the big yellow school bus every morning in front of her house.. Emma loves school and is in the first grade.Her two younger sisters started preschool this week.Fun school days ahead for all!!
Have a great school year yourself.. hugs, Baba
Susan,
That is so sweet! Also, forgive me if I missed something, but I thought you were going back to the classroom. I am assuming if you were making the "rounds" that something changed. What did I miss?
Lauren
Post a Comment