More Info About Me

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another Time and Another Place

It's 7:58am on my clock. I've been up for about 30 minutes. Although I know where I am and what time it is, my head is in another time and another place.

Twenty-two years apart from this time and place.

It was 22 years ago today that my DH and I said "I do." It was 22 years ago that we vowed to love each other forever and always. It was 22 years ago that my life changed forever.

I was thinking earlier this year, that DH and I have been together now longer than I lived without him if you count our friendship/dating years. That's a weird tipping point in life, in my opinion.

Many people thought we would not make it and should not get married. The counselor that did our premarital told us politely: "I've never seen two more opposite people want to get married. It won't always be easy for you." And he was right.

You know, though, I wonder what marriage is "easy" all the time. Not one that I know. It's work. It's a commitment. It's a choice.

And it's worth it!

After 22 years I can honestly say I know we did the right thing. We balance each other. We have each learned to live with those things that are so polar opposite. We have grown together. We have accomplished much together. It has been a blessing beyond what I could have ever imagined.

While I'm reflecting and thinking back today...I'm looking forward to the NEXT 22 years with this man that I know God planned for me!

Happy Anniversary, hon, I LOVE YOU!

10 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations. Nice picture!!
Susan

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Happy anniversary. From reading the blog, it seems as though you two have a very happy life together.

Anonymous said...

Our belated wishes for a "meant to be" couple....we love you both! Dad & Carolyn

Carmen said...

Congratulations! It's a wonderful accomplishment...especially in today's world. I heard marriage takes commitment, communication, compromise and Christ! There's one more but I can't remember it. LOL. Enjoy the next 22!

Melli said...

Congratulations - to both of you! No one knew Dennis AND I well enough to have an opinion as to if we would make it or not! But we were not youngsters - that's for sure! We were both 28. Still... I wish we'd HAD had premarital counseling! LOL!

Jill said...

Congrats you two lovebirds. Love that picture!

samurai said...

\o/ Congratulations you two... and thank you for those insights.

May God grant you so much more!

Sharon Bardwell said...

Praise God for His faithfulness in carrying you through the years and helping you with the 'two shall become one' part...polar opposites? Or two halves of a whole?

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. That's a very nice picture of the two of you! Hope you have more than another 22 years together.
Marilyn