This weekend was busy busy busy!
I had the pleasure of hosting my friend Sandy's daughter's bridal shower (along with two other friends from school) at my house on Saturday morning. We called it an "Around the Clock" shower. Every person was given a specific time of the day and purchased gifts for their assigned time. It was fun hearing what people were thinking when they selected their gifts. There were sixteen of us here for the shower/luncheon. It was great fun. Here are a couple of pictures:
Notice the blue colors. Lindsey is using blues and greens in her wedding. But DS 2's school is maroon....and 21 kids were scheduled to show up around 6:00pm....
Sooooooo, in the afternoon, my living room had to undergo a total transformation for DS 2's Prom Dinner. Here's a shot from almost the same angle as the last one.
They had a fantastic time at the Ritz Carlton with the rest of their classmates.
Today, DH, DSs 3 and 4 and I went out to the beach for a baptism service. Then we handed out 200 water bottles as a way of doing some servant evangelism. It was wonderful, but the sun got to me and now I'm going to bed.
Have a great week!!
9 comments:
Our Sunday School kids handed out water bottles LAST weekend! Funny!
Looks like BOTH parties were a smashing success and everyone had a GRAND time! I never heard of an "around the clock" shower -- that's interesting! I bet it was fun!
Busy lady for sure but with those boys your life has to be busy!! Glad you had a moment to blog.
WE have Kathy and Charlie here this week. I have not wanted to blog. I am going to have to take some time and do it soon though. Take care.
Sandy
The Around the Clock theme is a new one to me too! Great idea!
It was prom weekend around here too. It was fun watching the carloads of kids all dressed up:)
Looks like you handled it ALL great!
Susan
Wow! What a FULL weekend. (Olive Garden sounds delicious by the way!)
Hi Susan, your life has been a whirlwind of activity... Your two parties held at your house looked like fun was had by all...your son looked so handsome in his tux...On my post about my dad , the picture at top is a c-130 , and my dad jumped from a c-47 which I had no picture.. I loves how it looks when the men jump from the plane..
I will be going to Atlanta the end of May for my granddaughter's Christening..I will show pictures later of her in her long dress...
I have missed you too... hugs,
Baba
Susan, I have missed coming here, too! Life is crazy, isn't it? But good crazy. Your life is so full ... you made a ton of memories, and that's awesome.
Wow! Looks like the events went off without a hitch! Or at least a good time was had by all.
What a fun thing to do for your son's prom!
Post a Comment