More Info About Me

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tune In Tuesday...

Tuesday Tunes -

This is a fun meme, that I've been trying to play. Things have been so hectic lately that I've had a hard time keeping up. So, I thought I'd give it a try again today. You can find the link to the weekly meme here.

This week is word association week and it's all in colors! I'll give you a color and you tell me the first song/artist/album that comes to mind when you see it.

Pink: Although I did not listen to her music, the artist "Pink" came to mind here.

Purple: Obviously Prince or the guy formerly known as...isn't he known as that again? Purple Rain.

Blue: Blue Suede Shoes

White: Jesus Paid it All: "For sin had left it's crimson stain/He washed it white as snow."

Gold: All the Gold in California (is in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills in somebody else's name...) by Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers.

Silver: Silver and Gold from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer...was that Burl Ives?

Green: God Didn't Make Little Green Apples (and it don't rain in Indianapolis in the Summertime) Does anyone know who sang that?

Yellow: Yellow Submarine by the Beatles. I remember learning this song in my Elementary Music Class...strange, huh?

Red: Red, Red Wine....Stay close to me....

Brown: Well, the artist Jackson Browne comes to mind and his song, "Stay" which absolutely took up at least half if not all the side of his album. It's a LOOOOONGGGG song!!

OK that was fun...if you play, let me know.

7 comments:

Momma Roar said...

Good job!! I think I would have a hard time with that!

Jill said...

Wow-great job. This would have been challenging for me. But Jackson Browne...swooon....I LOVED him when I was a teenager. Forget Shaun Cassidy...Jackson Browne all the way!

Dan said...

Roger Miller sang Little Green Apples.

Melli said...

I remember Glen Campbell and Bobby Goldsboro doing Little Green Apples ... and I LOVE the Gatlin Bros! I don't know WHY I didn't think of that one! And Red Red Wine was a favorite too... Awwwwww... ya know what? There's just too many good songs out there! LOL!

samurai said...

It sounds almost to cerebral! LOL - but I like reading your answers. :)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Roger Miller sang that song. I thought I was right so I looked it up...Hope your day is going great. kathy and Charlie leave tomorrow and then I will have to get back to my "Boring life"!! smile

Sandy

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Forget who sang it, but I can attest that it rains A LOT in Indianapolis in the summertime.